5. Carlos Correa (R) SS
6. Tyler White (R) DH
7. Jake Marisnick (R) CF
8. Martin Maldonado (R) C
9. Tony Kemp (L) LF

Gametime Forecast: 71°F • Overcast • 0% PoP

markj

Schloicka

I think the offense might want to score some runs today instead of leaving guys on base like last night. They have no trouble getting on usually. Just have a problem getting them in at times. Against Houston you need to get runs.

Schloicka

3-1 Houston after 2 1/2 innings. Betts starts the bottom of the 3rd with a double. And the Sox leave 2 more on base. On to the 4th.

Schloicka

So much for the new E-rod. 5-1 Houston after 3 1/2 innings.

markj

Games like this make me think we're not going very deep into the post-season.

Schloicka

3 more left on base. Just can't get a timely hit. 5-1 after 4 innings.

Bill-806

NOT GOOOOD...…. I really don't see the KILLER INSTINCT in our RED SOX ????? iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Looks like this team is preparing to go into the tank, 2011 style.  We can't hit in the clutch, we have no leadership and no one seems to take on the responsibility of arousing the team while the Astros feel fully assembled to take on all comers.  They have the look of champions after only one and a half games of this series while we are fumbling and stumbling at home playing disgraceful baseball.  WE NEED A SPARK and I have a suggestion and there is nothing to lose if doesn't work out because the ciphers we have in the lineup aren't getting it done.  One, put Brandon Phillips in tomorrow at third base.  He has fire, spirit and a winning attitude.  Devers is only good if he is raking and all he is doing is faking.  Two, admit that Leon and Vazquez can't hit enough to add some offense to a team that seems to go into a drought at a moment's moment's notice.  Put Swihart behind the plate, Phillips on third and KEEP THEM THERE FOR A TEN DAY STRETCH.  I think there is a possibility that the team might rebound.  Devers and Vazquez or even Leon are uninspiring ballplayers who add very little to the team's ensemble.  It is true we are playing a hot team coming into its own but we are playing shitty and got absolutely no momentum from our three game sweep in Atlanta.  In fact, last night's choke up might actually be a precursor to the beginning of a collapse.  Make those changes Cora.  Get some fire into that lineup.  We need it badly.

Schloicka

markj

Devers blows an out with yet ANOTHER crappy throw. PLEASE sit his ass on the bench for the rest of the season.

markj

Thornburg gets out of that jam. BP doing well tonight. Shame they couldn't do as well yesterday.

markj

Kinsler K's looking. Might have been a tad outside, but still, you gotta swing at anything that close.

markj

Raffy K's looking at two meatballs in a row. No excuse for that. Sit him or send him back to AAA. He's useless.

Bill-806