GAME #131, SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, August 25, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

HOPE we are not in for a 2011 collapse.

I truly don't think so - but, I DO feel nervous.

(CRAZY, if you had told me at the beginning of the season that we would
have 90 wins at the end of August and a 7 game lead over the Yankees I
would have been ecstatic.)

Sea Dog 23

Rays are on a 7 game win streak.  You can do that when there's no pressure to win.  Those can be the most dangerous teams to play in Aug- Sept.

Bill-806

Not GOOD SPORTSFANS ???  Here comes the YANK$ !!!   Tampa Bay certainly is an interesting franchise ????? thumb_d iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 26, 2018, 06:13:51 AM
Rays are on a 7 game win streak.  You can do that when there's no pressure to win.  Those can be the most dangerous teams to play in Aug- Sept.

Really Sea Dog?  Then why will the Yanks annihilate the Orioles tonight for a four game sweep?  There is no pressure on them to win.  Then they host the White Sox tomorrow for a three or four game series..  You think the Pale Hose will have a chance in hell of spoiling things for our chief antagonists?  No, I think our team, as I have said so many times over the years, does NOT handle adversity well at all.  In fact, they seem to cave in and everyone looks at taking a leadership role comparable to a loos grenade.   There isn't an a leader of any kind on the field, a problem we've had the past two seasons.  All teams have their cold streaks my friend but this one we're having is very similar to the major choke up of all times in 2011.  The only difference is that we have a larger lead to squander, but at the same time there is no David Ortiz or Jason Varitek to try to stem the downfall.  In fact, they were there in 2011 and now we have no one to try and act like a leader.