GAME #120, SUNDAY, AUGUST 12,2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ORIOLES

Started by Bear, August 12, 2018, 06:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

B I N G O  all of the above !!! We had to beat up on the O's to keep the pressure on the YANK$..... CORA knows what he is doing with all facets of the ROSTER...….  BOGGEY & BENNY BICEPS with a well deserved day off (2 counting MONDAY)…… I wished that we could have skipped Kimbrel today as he looks a little "burnt" !!! Enjoy the TRAIN RIDE BOYS !!    CHOO CHOO CHOO !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

I notice that Andrew Benintendi was out of the lineup again today.  That worries me.  Is he hurt?  Is the front office holding off telling the fans he might be injured?  So typical of the Sox---as if that news could stay secret very long around the league grapevine.  I'd like to know.  Is Benny ready to play on Tuesday because we need his bat and speed and defense.

markj

The Sox are 16-4 for their last 20 games. That's a stunning .800 average.

ipot

Another day, another W.

Brasier deserves a special mention for that key strikeout.  And Sale? Well, shoulder inflammation doesn't seem to have slowed him a bit.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on August 12, 2018, 11:12:35 PM
Another day, another W.

Brasier deserves a special mention for that key strikeout.  And Sale? Well, shoulder inflammation doesn't seem to have slowed him a bit.
As DAD would say, "SON, keep your EYE on that Braiser guy  in the B P , he is a KEEPER" !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 12, 2018, 07:25:49 PM
I notice that Andrew Benintendi was out of the lineup again today.  That worries me.  Is he hurt?  Is the front office holding off telling the fans he might be injured?  So typical of the Sox---as if that news could stay secret very long around the league grapevine.  I'd like to know.  Is Benny ready to play on Tuesday because we need his bat and speed and defense.

He was sore for some reason, not sure if it's just late season tiredness or what, but I think he played both games the day before too.  No problem giving him a day off, remember gang, they've won 10 of their last 11.

They just find ways to win games. 

Bear

Fred:  Xander Bogaerts jammed his left pinky sliding into third base in Boston's Game 2 win over Baltimore on Saturday night. X-rays taken after the game were negative, manager Alex Cora said, but the shortstop sat in Sunday's series finale to get extended rest with an off-day on Monday.

Andrew Benintendi also got the day off on Sunday -- his second game in a row -- as Cora described his legs as a little heavy following the midweek series on Toronto's turf field. Benintendi pinch-hit in Game 2 on Saturday, but he struck out to snap a 10-game hitting streak.

Like Bogaerts, Benintendi is not expected to miss more time; rather, Cora said he wanted the left fielder out about two and a half days, without starting Saturday night or Sunday, plus the Monday off-day.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on August 13, 2018, 09:25:23 AM
Fred:  Xander Bogaerts jammed his left pinky sliding into third base in Boston's Game 2 win over Baltimore on Saturday night. X-rays taken after the game were negative, manager Alex Cora said, but the shortstop sat in Sunday's series finale to get extended rest with an off-day on Monday.

Andrew Benintendi also got the day off on Sunday -- his second game in a row -- as Cora described his legs as a little heavy following the midweek series on Toronto's turf field. Benintendi pinch-hit in Game 2 on Saturday, but he struck out to snap a 10-game hitting streak.

Like Bogaerts, Benintendi is not expected to miss more time; rather, Cora said he wanted the left fielder out about two and a half days, without starting Saturday night or Sunday, plus the Monday off-day.
Cora knows his stuff …….Keep them all fresh & keep them from damage to the hands with ill advised  head first slides ?? thumb_u iono iono rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

By the way, has anyone heard from OJ (Rick)?  I haven't seen him on this board in quite a while.  We're already missing Rob and no word from him either.  Someone out there know where these two friends of ours are?

Bear

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 13, 2018, 02:31:41 PM
By the way, has anyone heard from OJ (Rick)?  I haven't seen him on this board in quite a while.  We're already missing Rob and no word from him either.  Someone out there know where these two friends of ours are?

He is around on Facebook, not sure why he hasn't posted in a while.