GAME #92, MONDAY, JULY 9, 2018, TEXAS RANGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 09, 2018, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

E-rod with the win. The bullpen did well. 3 late runs put it away. On to Tuesday.

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 09, 2018, 06:54:27 PM
Vasquez out 6-8 weeks. Guess we'll see if Swihart is any good.

If Cora comes down from on high and gives the guy a chance.  If that happens it is up to Blake to prove he can do the job, but he must get a solid shot and a lot of at-bats.  Too bad we couldn't somehow get Realmuto from the Marlins.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 09, 2018, 08:58:40 PM
I'm not sure where O'Brien is getting this "best free agent signing ever" stuff, but Martinez has been pretty damn good.  DD's riding high with his signing of JDM, dumping Ramirez and signing Pearce who has already had more impact than I would have thought he'd have in a month. 

Nice to see E-Rod pick up another win (potentially) but I sure wish he could do what he does with fewer pitches so he could go deeper.

Two things Ted.  One, E-Rod has to throw less pitches so he can go six or seven innings a few times, and, two,  Rick Porcello must not allow so many hits in his turns on the mound.  We need both to be more efficient with their pitching because we aren't going to be able to add to our rotation from what I'm hearing----and, BTW, when are we getting Wright back.  He could be a big help to us.

But we should all be happy tonight----well almost.  I had my AC supposedly fixed this afternoon and it just went out again. Hopefully they will fix  this thing once and for all tomorrow.

ipot

I'm not sure where O'Brien is getting this "best free agent signing ever" stuff, but Martinez has been pretty damn good.  DD's riding high with his signing of JDM, dumping Ramirez and signing Pearce who has already had more impact than I would have thought he'd have in a month. 

Nice to see E-Rod pick up another win (potentially) but I sure wish he could do what he does with fewer pitches so he could go deeper.

Ditto on E-Rod. Amazing that he's 11-3 and hasn't completed 7 inns all season....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

& the TRAIN continues...… ALL ABOARD !!  Best SEASON EVAAA !!!  Keep it going !!

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 09, 2018, 10:02:36 PM

Two things Ted.  One, E-Rod has to throw less pitches so he can go six or seven innings a few times, and, two,  Rick Porcello must not allow so many hits in his turns on the mound.  We need both to be more efficient with their pitching because we aren't going to be able to add to our rotation from what I'm hearing----and, BTW, when are we getting Wright back.  He could be a big help to us.

But we should all be happy tonight----well almost.  I had my AC supposedly fixed this afternoon and it just went out again. Hopefully they will fix  this thing once and for all tomorrow.

Keep cool Fred, hope the AC gets fixed!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 10, 2018, 08:17:38 AM

It's working again Ted.  Thanks for your support.......it has been oppressively hot the last five days and now the humidity has joined the act.  Our AC rep has said that there have been 40 calls recorded just from yesterday to today.  I love hot weather but what we have had out here was totally off the wall.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 10, 2018, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 10, 2018, 08:17:38 AM

It's working again Ted.  Thanks for your support.......it has been oppressively hot the last five days and now the humidity has joined the act.  Our AC rep has said that there have been 40 calls recorded just from yesterday to today.  I love hot weather but what we have had out here was totally off the wall.

Yikes, we stay consistently hot in the summer but had a cool down over the weekend which was nice.  Back to low to mid 90s as usual today!