GAME #74, MONDAY, JUNE 17, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by Schloicka, June 17, 2019, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

markj

markj

Apologies and props to Brasier. He smoked through the inning. Sox win 2-0. Great outing for Porcello and a surprise stellar performance by the BP.

elktonnick

Tremendous red sox pitching tonight.  The got a couple breaks especially in that 8th inning.  Great win.

BoSoxFanNY

WOW!
Pitching won it tonight!

Sox 2 - Twins 0

Sox have a 6 game winning streak.

Solid win against a good team!

Schloicka

Porcello with the win. Brasier with the save. Brewer got himself out of a mess in the 8th. Xman with a big rbi. JD with a rbi. Nice win for the Sox. On to Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

I did say in an earlier post that if we play a decent game we can win tonight, but I am surprised just how good we played.  I didn't think we'd batter Barrios around but hoped that Porcello would pitch his best game of the year which I felt we needed to get a win.  Well he came through big time against a real tough lineup that has ripped through their opponents this season.  I really wanted Rick to go out there in the 8th because while he did have 94 pitches to his credit I had doubts about our bullpen.  Scary 8th inning but Brasier did his job finally in the ninth.  A real good win.  Oh, we can complain if we want to about the lack of offense but, hell, so can the Twins and we went two better than they did.  Again good win.  Hope David is on his game tomorrow because to win this series is a real good shot in the arm.

Sea Dog 23

Starting to see the light of day. 4 behind Rays (5 in loss col).  The pitching seems to be solidifying a bit.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 18, 2019, 07:09:13 AM
Starting to see the light of day. 4 behind Rays (5 in loss col).  The pitching seems to be solidifying a bit.
NICE !!!  Keep up the good ball, BOYS..... ONE GAME at a time !!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Good game and a good time to have one.  Let's hope they can keep rolling.

Murph