GAME #14, SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2018, ORIOLES AT RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 14, 2018, 01:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on April 14, 2018, 01:21:01 PM
Swihart to LF. Beni to CF & JBJ to RF. Betts out.
MOOKIEs slide into the catchers shin pad is very concerning, for both the ankle and the KNEE..... will need 24 hours to get the real read ....  SOX are playing well !! thumb_u thumb_u

markj

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

This is freaking amazing!  Nice distraction to get up every now and then from doing taxes and watch the score go up.  I guess Hanley is no worse for the wear. 

Weird defensive alignment if I'm seeing right on my computer with JBJ in RF and Beni in CF.  You'd think they wouldn't want everyone out of position in the outfield, but with a 7 run lead I'm less worried.

Sure glad we didn't get Cobb, who I had thought would have been a good fit. 

markj

ipot

If only Kelly/Smith didn't implode in Game 1 and Price's hand didn't act up against the NYY... sigh
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Leesam01

Bill-806

Quote from: Leesam01 on April 14, 2018, 02:12:41 PM
AMAZING catch by JBJ in RF.
It CERTAINLY was and to THINK that some of our ARM CHAIR  G M's would like to DUMP him !!!!! thumb_u iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: ipot on April 14, 2018, 01:49:27 PM
If only Kelly/Smith didn't implode in Game 1 and Price's hand didn't act up against the NYY... sigh

That's what's amazing, if not for an opening day screwup and an injury they'd be undefeated.  The record for last year's division winners at this point?  5-5 on April 14.  They were 13-11 at the end of April a year ago, 14-10 the year before that. 

Schloicka

Velázquez with the win. Walden with the save. The offense still rolling along. On to Sunday.

SeaBeachFred

Can't complain about today either; in fact, this was probably our best offensive game so far.  Just about everyone hit and we got those base runners home.  Yes, the bullpen still worries me but I do see a diferent mentality this season.  The team seems on the same page and there is a good deal of comaradarie that was missing badly last season.  We must do our best to keep this attitude and outlook going through ups and downs all season.  Yes, Hanley is shutting me up.  I really thought he might on his way out but he is looking like a real stalwart for our team.  Good win---very good win.  Let's try to keep this going.

markj

Sea Dog 23

Earlier today mlb.com reported Mookie with a knee injury after the collision at the plate.  The 4:30 update on mlb is saying that Mookie has a 'foot contusion' and is day to day.  If that is accurate, that is a lot better news for Mookie going forward.

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 14, 2018, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: Leesam01 on April 14, 2018, 02:12:41 PM
AMAZING catch by JBJ in RF.
It CERTAINLY was and to THINK that some of our ARM CHAIR  G M's would like to DUMP him !!!!! thumb_u iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl
Look JBJ is a fine defensive outfield, very good in fact.  But he isn't the best defensive outfielder.  He isn't even the best defensive centerfielder in the division.  Keirmaier of the Rays and Pilar of the Jays are better.  Bradley isn't even ranked among the top ten centerfielders in baseball by the MLB network.  If one looks at him this way it can reasonably be argued that Bradley is an above average defensive centerfielder, nothing more.  He does make some spectacular catches from time to time.  But he frequently finds himself out of position.  In short Red Sox fans tend to over rate some of their ballplayers in part because of the media hype.