GAME #9, SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2018, TAMPA BAY V BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 08, 2018, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

I dont see all the consternation with E-Rod.  He pitched and now with the schedule has a nice long stretch before he has to pitch again.  It's probably going to be cold on Tuesday too.  He's a grown man and a pro athlete but he can't pitch because it's too cold?  Come on guys, you're just looking for things to complain about. 

I missed JDM botching that play.  Must have been when I ran to the supermarket.  All I know is after I got back, when it was 7-2 in the 7th I turned to golf.  Checked back 20 minutes later and it was 7-4 I think so I stayed and watched them come back for the win. 

Carson Smith sucks and needs to be sent down.  The guy may be toast. 

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on April 09, 2018, 09:33:56 AM
I dont see all the consternation with E-Rod.  He pitched and now with the schedule has a nice long stretch before he has to pitch again.  It's probably going to be cold on Tuesday too.  He's a grown man and a pro athlete but he can't pitch because it's too cold?  Come on guys, you're just looking for things to complain about. 

I missed JDM botching that play.  Must have been when I ran to the supermarket.  All I know is after I got back, when it was 7-2 in the 7th I turned to golf.  Checked back 20 minutes later and it was 7-4 I think so I stayed and watched them come back for the win. 

The point I was making was between coming back from injury with very little ST  Cora was totally not thinking by letting go to 92 pitches in his 1st start. He preaches keeping SP fresh and letting Erod go that far with a day off  Monday the pen should have been used when he was struggling at the 70-75 pitch mark. If another pitcher that was healthy and already seen action the cold would not be an issue. IMO it was Cora not being smart 80% and the cold 20%. Think of the conversation today if Farrell did that .

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 09, 2018, 10:20:41 AM

The point I was making was between coming back from injury with very little ST  Cora was totally not thinking by letting go to 92 pitches in his 1st start. He preaches keeping SP fresh and letting Erod go that far with a day off  Monday the pen should have been used when he was struggling at the 70-75 pitch mark. If another pitcher that was healthy and already seen action the cold would not be an issue. IMO it was Cora not being smart 80% and the cold 20%. Think of the conversation today if Farrell did that .

I guess but it's not like he didn't pitch the last few weeks, he's been working out and pitching regularly.  It's not like 92 is a big deal.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on April 09, 2018, 11:08:59 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 09, 2018, 10:20:41 AM

I guess but it's not like he didn't pitch the last few weeks, he's been working out and pitching regularly.  It's not like 92 is a big deal.
More of another "this is so E-ROD", Strikes out 5 in two innings and then starts falling apart !!!   MOVE HIM, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_d iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Rob from Mass

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam  3m
Cora admits in-game blunder: Sox' rally for 6 runs in 8th Sun. got him so excited, he forgot to sub for Martinez in LF w/ 1-run lead in 9th

He made a few in that game.

Schloicka

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 10, 2018, 03:21:27 PM

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam  3m
Cora admits in-game blunder: Sox' rally for 6 runs in 8th Sun. got him so excited, he forgot to sub for Martinez in LF w/ 1-run lead in 9th

He made a few in that game.

That means his bench coach screwed up too. They need to stay on top of things.