GAME #8, SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2018, 1 PM AT FENWAY PARK

Started by Bear, April 06, 2018, 05:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Walden will probably take the 60-minute trip down 95 S to McCoy shortly after the game.

Rob from Mass

Nice stretch by Beni for the grab of a sinking liner.

markj

Great start to the season. Still waiting to see how they measure up against contenders, but I'll take these early wins.

SeaBeachFred

We're beating teams that we are supposed to beat----and that's very good.  Now 7-1 and hopefully 8-1 after tomorrow.  Boy, did I have the hives after we blew that first game but we got some breaks in other contests the past week so things have more than evened out.  One gripe, though.  Why the hell do  they have to play baseball in such shitty weather as what I saw today?  It is way too cold and uncomfortable for a great game like baseball and perhaps that might account for Porcello having his trouble in the first inning.  Faria was even less effective so the weather could have been a factor in my opinion.  Bogaerts is sure making all of us Bogey critics of last season look very silly right now----and that's great. Good for him.  Just keep it up X.  All in all a good game for us.

Oh one more thing......Bradley has been pathetic at the plate but he got robbed twice today when he should have had two hits.  Maybe he might be warming up to.  We will see the next few games.

Rob from Mass

Porcello was the 1st Sox SP to give up more than 1 run in a game.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 07, 2018, 04:29:32 PM
We're beating teams that we are supposed to beat----and that's very good.  Now 7-1 and hopefully 8-1 after tomorrow.  Boy, did I have the hives after we blew that first game but we got some breaks in other contests the past week so things have more than evened out.  One gripe, though.  Why the hell do  they have to play baseball in such shitty weather as what I saw today?  It is way too cold and uncomfortable for a great game like baseball and perhaps that might account for Porcello having his trouble in the first inning.  Faria was even less effective so the weather could have been a factor in my opinion.  Bogaerts is sure making all of us Bogey critics of last season look very silly right now----and that's great. Good for him.  Just keep it up X.  All in all a good game for us.

Oh one more thing......Bradley has been pathetic at the plate but he got robbed twice today when he should have had two hits.  Maybe he might be warming up to.  We will see the next few games.
Fred,  BOGEY is back (wrist) healthy......  JBJ is not going anywhere unless it is a BLOCKBUSTER and getting VALUE back......  JBJ is aa solid defender & can still improve with the bat !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Rob from Mass

Bradley is what he is a .240 -.250 hitter and 15 -20 HR..Imo he had his career year in 2016. He will go on one of his 4-5 week hot streaks and then bottom out. It's been that way since he came into the league and sadly I think he will remain exactly that type of hitter.

longgame

I don't get why Porcello can't seem to find his groove until a run or two comes in.  It's bizarre and must be in his head.

I'm very surprised we haven't seen more of a lineup with Moreland playing 1B, Martinez in LF and Hanley at DH.  I think JBJ needs a rest.  A long one.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on April 07, 2018, 09:00:02 PM
I don't get why Porcello can't seem to find his groove until a run or two comes in.  It's bizarre and must be in his head.

I'm very surprised we haven't seen more of a lineup with Moreland playing 1B, Martinez in LF and Hanley at DH.  I think JBJ needs a rest.  A long one.

I change nothing as long as the team is winning. No need to change the dynamic right now. Obviously the team won't continue on this pace but lets see where it goes. Even if they lose a couple in a row I let it ride. Excellent teams still only win 6/10 games which will get you 97 wins. Right now it's hard to tell what they have overall but lets not start changing things because it looks better on paper. As long as the team is winning JBJ & anyone else for that matter has time to get on track.

ipot

Yup. On JBJ.  Some hard luck today on some nicely hit balls.  I'd love to see him get back to where he was 2 seasons ago.  Then, the lineup would look pretty darn scary, imho. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

TODAY, all EYES will focus on E-ROD, the high potential, often injured left hander that keeps teasing us with his skills..... I say, hope he does well for a couple of outings so D D  can package him & get some VALUE back !! iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

E-Rod has not done well vs Rays.  I think 0-3, 6+ ERA.  But that was against the Longoria- led Rays.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on April 08, 2018, 12:45:15 AM
Quote from: longgame on April 07, 2018, 09:00:02 PM

I change nothing as long as the team is winning. No need to change the dynamic right now. Obviously the team won't continue on this pace but lets see where it goes. Even if they lose a couple in a row I let it ride. Excellent teams still only win 6/10 games which will get you 97 wins. Right now it's hard to tell what they have overall but lets not start changing things because it looks better on paper. As long as the team is winning JBJ & anyone else for that matter has time to get on track.

Looks like someone listened to me, Moreland in, JBJ out and Hanley at DH today.