GAME #8, SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2018, 1 PM AT FENWAY PARK

Started by Bear, April 06, 2018, 05:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

I did not realize that the Sox have not made an E so far this season. One thing I have noticed is that Nunez in the early going has limited range on each side. That knee has taken its toll in the field it seems.

markj

I wonder if the wind is blowing in from the outfield today. Hanley just hit the 6th or 7th warning track shot this game.

Or maybe their "launch angle" is too high.

Rob from Mass

JD gets his 1st of many HR to LF. Which is not his power ally.

ipot

Offense is back in town.  Raffy joins the HR club.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

markj

Damn, got up to make a cuppa and missed both of them.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 07, 2018, 02:20:29 PM
JD gets his 1st of many HR to LF. Which is not his power ally.
Nice to see the first one, NOW, he only owes us 158 MORE to match the 159MIL CONTRACT !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

ipot

I guess the secret is to have Porcello get off to a lousy start and then the bats just tee off?
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 07, 2018, 02:25:13 PM
Raffy joins the homer train with a bomb to RF.
As DAD would say, "SON, I like that DEVERS KID" !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on April 07, 2018, 02:28:47 PM
I guess the secret is to have Porcello get off to a lousy start and then the bats just tee off?

Kept the ball down in the zone all day after the 1st.

markj

Rays are about to throw in the towel on this one. Bringing in a position player to pitch.

Rob from Mass

I don`t get leaving Porcello in.Cora has preached since day 1 of his signing that he will try to keep SP fresh.So he leaves Porcello in with a 10-2 lead. The rookie manager is puzzling at times.

Bill-806

Not sure why Porcello is still in there....With the score & the COLD, I would have whoever is coming off the roster Sunday (for e-rod) pith the last two innings..... iono iono

markj

Despite the shaky start, a good outing for Porcello.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 07, 2018, 02:40:14 PM
I don`t get leaving Porcello in.Cora has preached since day 1 of his signing that he will try to keep SP fresh.So he leaves Porcello in with a 10-2 lead. The rookie manager is puzzling at times.
CONCUR, Looks like you and I have similar managing SKILLS !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl