GAME #7, THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2018, TAMPA BAY RAYS V RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 04, 2018, 09:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

That POYNER boy reminds me of a young left handed  DICK RAADATZ without the BLINDING fastball !!!   YA THINK ??????

elktonnick

Bogaerts, JFK and Hanley all came up with clutch hits.  While it wasn't the game winning hit, one has to give the Xman  his due. His hit in the ninth was HUGE!!!!

Bill-806

Who would have THUNK that on APRIL 5th the SOX would be  6 & 1 ????  Alex Cora will show us what APRIL & MAY means to a  POST SEASON BOUND TEAM !!!   What say you ???? thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

ipot

6-1 is very nice.  VERY nice.  But, heck, these bats are eerily familiar to last year's: they don't do much until after the 7th or 8th inning. 
Which means Sale and Price will hold an MLB record at the end of this season: most IPs for 2 starters with Top 3 ERAs and less than 20 Ws combined?  ;) :o
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on April 05, 2018, 11:12:39 PM
6-1 is very nice.  VERY nice.  But, heck, these bats are eerily familiar to last year's: they don't do much until after the 7th or 8th inning. 
Which means Sale and Price will hold an MLB record at the end of this season: most IPs for 2 starters with Top 3 ERAs and less than 20 Ws combined?  ;) :o
CONCUR,  although 6 &  1 is good to see at this point..... Heck, the WEATHER for the weekend & next weeks YANK$ visit is not conducive to midseason BASEBALL, one game at a time !! thumb_u iono iono

longgame

The best thing about this game was it went extras.  I was hiking all day and didn't get to the car until about the 7th, so caught a few innings at least!  I just don't get this lack of hitting.  Maybe it's the fact that they hitters have no rhythm since they don't play enough?  Anyhow, they need these bats to come alive very soon. 

Carson Smith sucks.  He's given up as many runs as all of the starters. 

Had to laugh, I usually watch the games on TV, but got to listen to this one on the radio.  Hanley drives in 2 including the game-winner and WEEI says the "Player of the game" is JBJ!  Maybe they wanted him to feel good?  Sure he had a timely hit, but Hanley was the star of the game.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 06, 2018, 09:28:32 AM
The best thing about this game was it went extras.  I was hiking all day and didn't get to the car until about the 7th, so caught a few innings at least!  I just don't get this lack of hitting.  Maybe it's the fact that they hitters have no rhythm since they don't play enough?  Anyhow, they need these bats to come alive very soon. 

Had to laugh, I usually watch the games on TV, but got to listen to this one on the radio.  Hanley drives in 2 including the game-winner and WEEI says the "Player of the game" is JBJ!  Maybe they wanted him to feel good?  Sure he had a timely hit, but Hanley was the star of the game.

Maybe because Jackie was in that bruhaha in the 9th with the replay on his ground out/close play at 1B.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 06, 2018, 10:48:41 AM
Quote from: longgame on April 06, 2018, 09:28:32 AM

Maybe because Jackie was in that bruhaha in the 9th with the replay on his ground out/close play at 1B.
JBJ really hung in there and shows why we should not give up on him..... Will be interesting to see what  J D as the show (YANK$) comes to town on Tuesday, will see if J D can handle the BOSTON FANS in the STANDS !!   Again, how about BOBBY POYNER, great article on the WEEI web page !! thumb_u thumb_u