GAME #154, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT CLEVELAND INDIANS

Started by Bear, September 21, 2018, 08:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 21, 2018, 10:27:52 PM
Candidate for most unexpected W of the season.  I'll take it.

You could have knocked me off with a feather when I saw that lineup tonight compared to the one the Indians trotted out but of those guys really stood up and made a game of it after we fell behind.  I hate all those DP's we seem to hit into and the one Travis hit into in the fourth really chapped me, but face it, the guys came back and beat the better team on the field tonight.  We won a game we most likely shouldn't have been able to win.  And they hit the ball well, well, most of our guys.  Good game to win since it most likely wasn't expected.  Even the bullpen did a decent job tonight, and we will need good relief help when playoff time comes.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on September 21, 2018, 09:26:33 PM
Quote from: markj on September 21, 2018, 09:25:19 PM
Raffy with error #2,473. Or is it 2,474?

Devers making a push to be off the playoff roster.
Thinking the same thing.... The first thing in the playoffs starts with the GLOVE !! iono iono

Bill-806

#105, as DAD would say, "SON, how about our RED SOX" !!!   105, the last time that happened was when the TITANIC was HUNTING ICEBERGS !!!!! thumb_u iono rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Travis has had some good plays and some pretty bad ones!  But the wind had been blowing pretty good out there, you could see it all game long. 

Nice job by a lot of our second stringers.  I wonder when the last time two guys got their first HRs in the same game happened?  In fact Martinez couldn't hit (but walked twice) while almost everyone else did (other than Leon, because Leon sucks incredibly badly at the plate).  Sox used 9 pitchers too which gave it more of a spring training feel, but that was Cleveland's A team.  We have to remember that we are 20 games ahead of Cleveland in the standing. 

Sale didn't look sharp, but he was effective.  That's another good sign. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 22, 2018, 10:01:17 AM
Travis has had some good plays and some pretty bad ones!  But the wind had been blowing pretty good out there, you could see it all game long. 

Nice job by a lot of our second stringers.  I wonder when the last time two guys got their first HRs in the same game happened?  In fact Martinez couldn't hit (but walked twice) while almost everyone else did (other than Leon, because Leon sucks incredibly badly at the plate).  Sox used 9 pitchers too which gave it more of a spring training feel, but that was Cleveland's A team.  We have to remember that we are 20 games ahead of Cleveland in the standing. 

Sale didn't look sharp, but he was effective.  That's another good sign.
CONCUR !! thumb_u