GAME #129, THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2018, CLEVELAND INDIANS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, August 23, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

End of the 5th inning Sox leading 6-0. Price pitching well so far.

Schloicka

Bill-806

B T W ,   EFFORT by MORELAND was/could be COSTLY...…. His KNEES are troubled to begin with & that SPIKE sticking up from the CEMENT should not have been there …… Other than that, PRICE & the BOYS are LOOOOKING GOOOD !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Sox get another run in the bottom of the 6th. Now lead 7-0 after 6 innings.

Schloicka

Price gets a line drive dp to thwart any threat in the 7th inning. 88 pitches for Price through 7 innings. One more inning?

Schloicka

That should be it for Price. 8 innings. 101 pitches. 3 hits. No walks. No runs. Sox defense helped him out with a dp in the 7th & 8th innings. Bullpen should be able to finish this one off.

Schloicka

Thornburg coming in to pitch the 9th to see if he can figure out his mechanics. Good time with a 7-0 lead.Just need 3 outs before they get 7 runs. Should be doable. Keep the pen warmed up.

Schloicka

The 9th wasn't pretty but another dp helps out the Sox. Price with the win. Now 14-6. On to TB they go.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 23, 2018, 02:08:58 PM
B T W ,   EFFORT by MORELAND was/could be COSTLY...…. His KNEES are troubled to begin with & that SPIKE sticking up from the CEMENT should not have been there …… Other than that, PRICE & the BOYS are LOOOOKING GOOOD !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

I missed the game.  Any followup on Moreland?

markj

Apologies for not getting a game thread up. I forgot it was a day game and got buried at work first thing this morning.

At least they won.

BoSoxFanNY

Sox WIN 7 - 0!
Price pitched a gem - 8 innings, no runs.

I am good with a split with Cleveland.

Sox are the first team to get to 90 wins!
AMAZING!

Yankees are idle, so our Sox are up 9 1/2 games in the AL EAST

Sea Dog 23

That's 17 runs last two games, and only 7 first two.  Hope our batting coach took good notes.   iono

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 23, 2018, 04:09:02 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on August 23, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

I missed the game.  Any followup on Moreland?
YES, they are calling it a "CONTUSION"..... BUT, Moreland's KNEES are not good to begin with ???  All of the SOX'S (MOST) injuries are caused by the PLAYER trying to MOVE INMOVEABLE objects to either catch the ball or move to the next base ??? iono iono iono

ipot

Great game by Price.  Hope he keeps it up.  We got 90 Ws.  Wow.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee