GAME #111, THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, 2018, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, August 02, 2018, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

markj

Ha! Make that Sox now leading 6-4. Pearce with with another dinger. 3-run version this time.

longgame

Wow what a game!  By the way, the Yankees have 3 or 4 mound visits so far too. 

markj

JD with a double and Kinsler drives him in. Now 7-4. Still no outs in the inning. Sox are feasting on Holder. They need to keep it up.

markj

Nunez keeps the line moving with a double driving in Kinsler. Now 8-4 Sox.

markj

markj

Bill-806

WOW, SOX go from 0-4 to a 7-4 lead !!!  Will be a WILD night !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl thumb_u

markj

markj

Schloicka

Now get the pen up & ready. Take no chances with Johnson. Don't let him dig a hole. I do expect the Yanks to score again but let's keep it limited.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on August 02, 2018, 08:16:07 PM
Now get the pen up & ready. Take no chances with Johnson. Don't let him dig a hole. I do expect the Yanks to score again but let's keep it limited.

I was a little surprised that he came back out given that Cora has pulled him early in the past.  But after that early mess he settled down okay - although that homer made me nervous! 

Would be nice to get a few more runs and put some more pressure on the Yankees pen.  Still a long way to go in this one.

Schloicka

Johnson got through 5 innings. Nothing pretty but leaves up 10-5. I blame the hr Johnson gave up in the 5th on pitcher & catcher inexperience They threw the same pitch the guy hit a hr on earlier on a 2-2 count. Needed to go down and away I feel. Pretty much 2 inexperienced guys pitching & catching. They'll hopefully learn.