GAME #110, TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2018, PHILIDELPHIA PHILLIES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, July 31, 2018, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

Whew. Good deal. Now we need some runs. Yanks are obviously going to sweep the high school team wearing O's uniforms, so the Sox need to keep up here.

longgame

Been interesting watching the pitchers getting in and out of jams.  Too bad they can’t get any run support.  I’m a little concerned about the power outage as NY looms ahead.

Oh and so much for getting out of jams.

markj

Oh well. Velazquez is giving up runs and the Sox ain't hitting anything but air and outfielders, so they won't be pulling this one out of the bag.

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:08:26 PM
Oh well. Velazquez is giving up runs and the Sox ain't hitting anything but air and outfielders, so they won't be pulling this one out of the bag.

Kind of strange lineup with Mookie out.  I think he could have considered having JBJ bat first and then keep the rest of the lineup pretty much the same.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on July 31, 2018, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:08:26 PM

Kind of strange lineup with Mookie out.  I think he could have considered having JBJ bat first and then keep the rest of the lineup pretty much the same.

Need Mookie to get back on the beam. Only hitting 214 his last 28 at bats. That's a bad week. He did hit a couple hr's in that span but came up a lot with guys on base and got nothing. Hopefully he picks it up for the Yankee series.

markj

markj

Gotta swing at those, Brock. Fitting ending for a dead-bat night.

BoSoxFanNY

Sox LOSE 3 -1.
Sale goes on the DL.

And the Yankees won.

Bad night for BoSox baseball fans.

Schloicka

Was a very tough 2 game series for the offense. Lucky they split the series. But Phils did pitch well. Sox pitched pretty good. On to Thursday we go.

markj

Good thing they get tomorrow off. It seems they need a rest. No complaints about defense, but their runs/game is really slacking.

markj

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Sox LOSE 3 -1.
Sale goes on the DL.

And the Yankees won.

Xander gets a day to rest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. That would really hurt for the Yanks series.

ipot

Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:30:23 PM
Good thing they get tomorrow off. It seems they need a rest. No complaints about defense, but their runs/game is really slacking.

The RISP situation has been disastrous since the ASB.  The offense really needs to pick it up. 

This lineup tonight was inane - I blame Cora. 

I would have played Mookie and Mitch No-Moreland - hitting 186 for the month of July - needs to ride the pine for a bit.  He has no business in the middle of the lineup.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on July 31, 2018, 09:31:37 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 31, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Sox LOSE 3 -1.
Sale goes on the DL.

And the Yankees won.

Xander gets a day to rest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the DL. That would really hurt for the Yanks series.

Read that Xander has a right hand contusion - same injury as last season.
DANG IT -

I told my brother that part of a winning season includes the health of your players.
Sale to the DL - Xander, who knows.
NOT good timing with the Yankees coming to town.

I TRULY hope for at least a split with the Yankees this upcoming series.
That way we lose no ground!