GAME #106, FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018, MINNESOTA TWINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 27, 2018, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

I really wish Kimbrel would stop throwing balls in the dirt.

markj

Dammit. Great night for Kimbrel to blow up. Why can't the Sox beat this half-assed team?

Bill-806

Now I see the PLAN..... PITCH KIMBREL till the ARM falls off !!!   EYE opener tonight at the FENS !! thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d iono iono

Bill-806

Changes coming !!!!  How to BLOW a season in ONE WEEK !!!! iono iono

markj

Wow, talk about an unexpected surprise. Raffy drills a line drive over the wall to tie it up.

markj

Schloicka

Be a good time for the top of the order to wake up from their couple game nap.

markj

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 27, 2018, 09:37:01 PM
Be a good time for the top of the order to wake up from their couple game nap.

Well the very top of the order did exactly that.

markj

Bill-806

Thank You MOOKIE !!!!!   JBJ & RAFFEY TOO !!!   NIGHT, NIGHT, see ya in the morning !!  WOW !!!!!  What a night !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

You guys can cary the load tonight because I am worn out and still seething  over that 9th inning meltdown.  We have too many hitting droughts and perhaps we finally take iron glove Nunez out of the lineup and use him as a PH.  He simply is a poor fielder and he still hasn't caught fire all year.  I would rather put Holt in there and keep him there unless we can trade for a decent second baseman who can HIT.  I also feel Swihart is starting to hit and would like to see him play more.  Let's face it, Leon is shitty this year, but, then again, so are some others on this team.  We may need another bat.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 27, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
You guys can cary the load tonight because I am worn out and still seething  over that 9th inning meltdown.  We have too many hitting droughts and perhaps we finally take iron glove Nunez out of the lineup and use him as a PH.  He simply is a poor fielder and he still hasn't caught fire all year.  I would rather put Holt in there and keep him there unless we can trade for a decent second baseman who can HIT.  I also feel Swihart is starting to hit and would like to see him play more.  Let's face it, Leon is shitty this year, but, then again, so are some others on this team.  We may need another bat.

To be honest, Fred, I'm in your camp. But like you, I'm a born cynic. Yesterday I was sort of self-pitying about the Sox to a colleague  who is a rabid Cubs fan and he was like, "What? Your Red Sox are playing nearly .700 ball and you're complaining?" 

You know the last time this happened? That I was whining about the Sox to him? It was 2013. If only history would repeat itself in that regard.

ipot

What I love about this board, so many of us cynical types  8)  We found our corner when the old boards imploded.  I think we all understand each other when we hit the panic button in our posts.  It's just the nature of being this kind of a Sox fan.

Heck, I ripped into Devers, Nunez, and Mookie before the game started and look who came through tonight  thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee