4. Mark Trumbo (R) RF
5. Danny Valencia (R) DH
6. Trey Mancini (R) LF
7. Chris Davis (L) 1B
8. Renato Nunez (R) 3B
9. Caleb Joseph (R) C

Gametime Forecast: 78°F • Light Rain • 57% PoP

longgame

Interesting Holt out and Nunez in versus a righty, I thought yesterday would be the set righty lineup for now, but I guess not.  Swihart behind the dish tonight moves JBJ up in the order too (and Devers down). 

Looks like it could be another iffy weather night tonight in Baltimore. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 24, 2018, 03:03:44 PM
Interesting Holt out and Nunez in versus a righty, I thought yesterday would be the set righty lineup for now, but I guess not.  Swihart behind the dish tonight moves JBJ up in the order too (and Devers down). 

I just hope Pomeranz' performance tonight doesn't make me wish that the game had been rained out.  Drew needs to go out there and pitch us to a win tonight, and the hitters have to do better than they did last night because we may need better offensive performances tonight.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 24, 2018, 04:47:32 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 24, 2018, 03:03:44 PM

I just hope Pomeranz' performance tonight doesn't make me wish that the game had been rained out.  Drew needs to go out there and pitch us to a win tonight, and the hitters have to do better than they did last night because we may need better offensive performances tonight.
HOPE the weather allows the game to be played and POMERANZ gets a good night in..... HOLT & NUNEZ ????  Good luck J B J  & SWIHART too !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

markj

markj

Ugh, Pom-pom gives up a 2-run dinger. Sox down 2-1. Need more runs.

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 24, 2018, 07:04:12 PM
Ugh, Pom-pom gives up a 2-run dinger. Sox down 2-1. Need more runs.

You could see that one as soon as it left Pom's hand.  I think I could have taken that one out!  That was one you could just see unfold - the ball is floating up in the zone, the batter's eyes are wide open and he gets his arms out there and wham.  Hope we don't see any more meatballs like that from him.  Give us 2 or so more innings and we'll be good.

markj

Leesam01

Pomeranz gives up a 2 run dinger ... not good.

He's had a terrible year so far, I'm guessing he's still injured?

Sox could benefit from another starting pitcher, in addition to a set-up guy in the pen.

Schloicka

markj

longgame

Quote from: Leesam01 on July 24, 2018, 07:47:12 PM
Pomeranz gives up a 2 run dinger ... not good.

He's had a terrible year so far, I'm guessing he's still injured?

Sox could benefit from another starting pitcher, in addition to a set-up guy in the pen.

This was his first start back off the DL but he struggled in all but his last rehab start.  He's leaving stuff out over the plate.

longgame

Kelly walks the first batter but that last pitched looked good to me - MASN doesn't always show the strike zone.  We really need him to settle down.

Meanwhile reports are the Yankees have traded for Britton but he just returned to the bullpen. 

markj

Nunez and Xander both go after a soft grounder and no one is covering 2B. Nice. Kelly is still a mess. Pom-pom gives up 4 runs and leaves a bunch of the game to the BP. Not feeling good about this game. Yanks are going to win, too.

markj