6. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
7. Ronny Rodriguez (R) 1B
8. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
9. JaCoby Jones (R) LF

Gametime Forecast: 73°F • Drizzle • 26% PoP

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 21, 2018, 02:01:43 PM
Devers is back. Swihart behind the plate. No JD or Holt.

We hardly hit a lick last night and we have Martinez on the pine today?????  I know he ran into the plywood fence but he couldn't have been that hurt that he couldn't be in the lineup today, and how badly is Holt hurt.  Yes, we've been playing very well but it seems like our guys are a very brittle bunch.  One collision or scuff mark and they are on that damned Day by Day nonsense----and it usually seems like a week or so before they get back into action.  My God, these guys are in weight strengthening mode and should be stronger than that.  I don't like that lineup we have today and with Johnson on the mound we have to hit better than last night in order to get another win.  Just don't give back the game we picked up last night.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 21, 2018, 03:26:26 PM

We hardly hit a lick last night and we have Martinez on the pine today?????  I know he ran into the plywood fence but he couldn't have been that hurt that he couldn't be in the lineup today, and how badly is Holt hurt.  Yes, we've been playing very well but it seems like our guys are a very brittle bunch.  One collision or scuff mark and they are on that damned Day by Day nonsense----and it usually seems like a week or so before they get back into action.  My God, these guys are in weight strengthening mode and should be stronger than that.  I don't like that lineup we have today and with Johnson on the mound we have to hit better than last night in order to get another win.  Just don't give back the game we picked up last night.
J D is the last person that should be running into walls, he is so big that evey inch & lb is in danger when he is running in the  O F …… Holt got hurt because he was out of position & PRICE tossed him a lousy throw !!  I am surprised if J D is not injured, and oh yes, try hitting a baseball when every bone & mussel in the body HURTS !! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

Bill-806

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 21, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

J D is the last person that should be running into walls, he is so big that evey inch & lb is in danger when he is running in the  O F …… Holt got hurt because he was out of position & PRICE tossed him a lousy throw !!  I am surprised if J D is not injured, and oh yes, try hitting a baseball when every bone & mussel in the body HURTS !! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

I am surprised JD didn't break something or didn't dislocate his shoulder.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 21, 2018, 05:46:29 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on July 21, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

I am surprised JD didn't break something or didn't dislocate his shoulder.
The pre-game silence on J D was deafening ???? iono iono 

Bill-806

DEVERS with 2 K's & HIS 20th ERROR...…  PACKAGE him and lets moveon.org !! iono iono thumb_d

Schloicka

No offense 2 games in a row. Bad way to come off the break.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 21, 2018, 06:15:05 PM
DEVERS with 2 K's & HIS 20th ERROR...…  PACKAGE him and lets moveon.org !! iono iono thumb_d

Unless Devers is a 30-35 homer, 100 RBI man he will be a negative for us.  He is a bad third baseman right now and is having a sophomore jinx, if that's what they still call it.  The key, though, is Martinez.  We need him back in the lineup real bad; we cannot make it without him because Bogaerts in NOT a No. 3 hitter, no way.  He is a third option in the lineup and functions well in that category but to depend on him to be the "big man" for any length time is an experiment in failure.  If Chavis has not drugged it on us earlier in the season he might be ready soon to come up and play third and make Devers a DH either this year or next but that is not going to happen now.  Right now there is no other place to put Raffy and we can only hope somehow he learns how to field his position.  He is on pace for between 35-40 errors and that will eventually kill us.

And let's not waste what ought to be a solid pitching performance tomorrow from our ace.  We need to give Chris some offensive support and about five runs so we can take this series.  And speaking of pitching, that Thornburg looks like shit out there on the mound.  Has he even thrown one good inning for us so far.  It made no difference tonight since our hitters took a second night off but right now I don't want this guy anywhere near the mound trying to protect a two or three run lead-----maybe eight or ten but nothing less. He looks like a real crappy pitcher.

ipot

Our offense has been utter s---t for 2 games.  We haven't scored in 17 innings and counting.

Moreland has been hitting .190 since he hit his last HR, 18 games ago. 
Nunez's been looking like crap.
And Devers likes to K a lot...

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, forget about all those games that we WON in April, May , & June, the TIME IS NOW, we have looked like CRAP right out of the shoot for the 2nd half and it won't take long for SQUNDER to set in & the YANK$ eat us up" !!!!!! thumb_d iono iono rofl rofl rofl