GAME #99, FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT DETROIT TIGERS

Started by markj, July 20, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Nunez has done nothing all year. Glad the Sox needed him back so badly.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on July 20, 2018, 08:14:23 PM
Nunez has done nothing all year. Glad the Sox needed him back so badly.

We need to hope Holt isn’t out long.

These kind of games make me nervous - low scoring and close.  Lots of missed opportunities tonight.

markj

One run through 6-1/3. Not a stellar start for a highly paid ace, but not bad. The bats need to wake up now.

markj

Yanks are down 3 runs on the Mets in the 7th. Surprise, surprise.

markj

markj

Sox have given the Tigers 3 or 4 extra outs this game. This last one may come back to bite them.

markj

Make that 5 extra outs. Inning should be over, but two guys who K'd are on base now.

markj

I guess only one of the wild pitch batters made it to 1st. You can't run to first to a wild pitch if someone is there already, right?

markj

Sox pitching has been living dangerously tonight, but they're holding the line. Barnes had to work hard to close out that inning.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 20, 2018, 09:16:49 PM
I guess only one of the wild pitch batters made it to 1st. You can't run to first to a wild pitch if someone is there already, right?

You are correct if there are less than 2 outs. With 2 outs you can run.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on July 20, 2018, 09:21:15 PM

Thanks, Geo. So if you run with two outs with a man already at 1st, can the catcher throw out the man at 2nd instead of 1st?

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 20, 2018, 09:26:21 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 20, 2018, 09:21:15 PM

Thanks, Geo. So if you run with two outs with a man already at 1st, can the catcher throw out the man at 2nd instead of 1st?

Yes.

markj

markj

Awesome. Great, great pitching tonight. Sloppy infield play, but great pitching. thumb_u

Go Mets!!