GAME #97, SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 14, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

D D needs to move Joe Kelley & Robby Scott , NOW GRASSHOPPER...… ALSO, surprise, surprise, E_ROD with a SPRAINED ANKLE ????Are you kidding ME !! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

Lack of offense today is the real issue here. You're not going to win a lot of games by scoring only one run.

markj

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 14, 2018, 02:58:23 PM
Lack of offense today is the real issue here. You're not going to win a lot of games by scoring only one run.

You are correct. If the Sox gave up only 2 runs every game they's win 150 times if not more.

markj

markj

markj

markj

markj

Xander with the granny!! No doubt about that one. Sox win 6-2.

Schloicka

Kimbrel with the win. Xman with the walk off grand slam. Pitching was actually good giving up only 2 runs. Very nice 6-2 win. There's my 5 wins on the home stand. Let's see if we can sneak another into the win column Sunday to make it an exceptional home stand.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on July 14, 2018, 03:47:27 PM
Kimbrel with the win. Xman with the walk off grand slam. Pitching was actually good giving up only 2 runs. Very nice 6-2 win. There's my 5 wins on the home stand. Let's see if we can sneak another into the win column Sunday to make it an exceptional home stand.
B I N G O …… GREAT WIN...… One more on SUNDAY would be great..... That SAID,  D D has to make some moves for the 2nd half...….. Leon ??? Kelley??? Robby Scott????????????????? Will be interesting NEXT WEEK !!! thumb_u iono iono iono

Schloicka

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 14, 2018, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on July 14, 2018, 03:47:27 PM
B I N G O …… GREAT WIN...… One more on SUNDAY would be great..... That SAID,  D D has to make some moves for the 2nd half...….. Leon ??? Kelley??? Robby Scott????????????????? Will be interesting NEXT WEEK !!! thumb_u iono iono iono

Scott is down in AAA. Kelly not going anywhere. You can't just move players like chess pieces when they are going through a rough patch. Sox only have 2 catchers and really nothing to trade to get another. Tinkering a little is ok but if you start making a lot of changes you could change the dynamic of the team that seems to find a way to win more often than not. I'm not looking for any big trades for the Sox. Maybe find another reliever and if you can find a catcher cheap that is controllable I'd look into that. But he needs to be an all around upgrade. I also expect Brandon Phillips to come up to the Sox from AAA in the near future.

elktonnick

I just don't think there is much out there that is going to improve this club unless DD can get another reliever and that would be a hit or miss proposition.  In all honestly this team right now is playing about as well any major league team can play.  It is certainly having its best regular season of any Boston club since 1978 until Zimmer screwed every thing up.  It could easily surpass the 1946 club in winning percentage and finish the regular season with the best won loss record of any Red Sox team.

While any team could always improve its pitching there is no realistic possibility the Boston is going to be able to pick up a quality starter at the trade deadline since they don't have any high quality prospects that would be tempting trade bait. 

longgame

This sure has been quite a show to date this year.  I couldn’t believe how they came back and won this one!

Remember DD already made a move and brought in Pearce too.  But I agree, you can always pick up another arm and I still think he’ll consider a middle infielder to add to the mix as we can see how thin they are right now with a single injury.

SeaBeachFred

With key hitters out of the lineup it was important for guys like Bogaerts and Bradley to stand up and take change......they did on a grand scale, but my question is how long is E-Rod going to be out.  We cannot afford to lose a starting pitcher; we have already lost Pomeranz and Wright and we have no clue when they will be back.  Just how bad is Rodriguez' ankle and how long will he be out.  They better ice the hell out of it because we need him by the end of next week.  Don't we have anybody in our farm system who can pitch winning baseball for us?  There must be someone or two who can.