GAME #96, FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2018, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 13, 2018, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Schloicka

I figured a 5-2 home stand which would be good. Maybe they can win the next 2 and make it 6-1.

markj

markj

markj

markj

Smoak again. This is sad. But I guess they were due for a stinker.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on July 13, 2018, 09:23:29 PM
I figured a 5-2 home stand which would be good. Maybe they can win the next 2 and make it 6-1.

Well we better get stronger pitching than we did tonight and the bottom of the order has to hit better too.  It can be done but we have looked ragged the past two games.  As you would say--on to tomorrow and let's hope we can start the line moving again in the right direction.  Good the Yankees lost so we lost no ground, but I predicted they would win  three of four in Cleveland.  Jinx me so I am wrong about that.

ipot

No winning streak goes on forever.  Fine. We were do to lose.  But THIS way?  I'm kinda pissed to be honest.  Porcello pretty much proves what Fred and many of us say he is: a guy who gives up too many hits.  I will go as far as saying that with Porcello it's not a case of whether he's "got it or not" on any particular outing but how as opposing hitters you approach him.  He's HITTABLE, big time.

And that's my underlying fear come October.  We simply CANNOT win 100+ games and then go home in a 5 game series.  Porcello and Price are NOT postseason reliables.  DD must go find a veritable #2 pitcher who can get it done in the playoffs.  Porcello and Price will fold like decks of cards the minute "playoff start" is written in their stat cards.

Off my soapbox rant.  Onto the next game.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

There are 66 games left to play. If the Sox play just slightly better than .500 ball the rest of the way, which would be a huge reduction, they'll still hit 100 wins. And yet they could still be stuck playing a WC game to get into the post-season.

Bill-806

I have seen enough of ROBBY SCOTT...… Get him out of TOWN, now GRASSHOPPER !!! thumb_d thumb_d iono rofl rofl rofl

longgame

I'm not too worried about losing one of the last 11.  Looking for them to bounce back today.  Clearly something was wrong with Porcello and I'm not sure why Cora didn't want to see that.  I'm not ready to write off either Porcello or Price, although I'd take Porcello over Price in a tough situation.  I think Porcello is fine, he doesn't get rattled easily and sometimes we think he's going to be a Cy Young winner out of the #3 spot every year.  Price is the bigger concern as I don't think he has the mental toughness and lets external factors affect him.