GAME #82, THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 2018, LOS ANGELES ANGELS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 28, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

YAHOOOOO.
Sox win 4 - 2.
Sox SWEEP the Angels again!

Going into the Bronx winning 6 of their last 7 games.

Schloicka

Hector Velazquez with the win & Kimbrel with the save. Good defense and a couple hr's give the Sox the sweep.

ipot

Quote from: Schloicka on June 28, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

Hector Velazquez with the win & Kimbrel with the save. Good defense and a couple hr's give the Sox the sweep.

Velazquez did good.  So did Johnson.  Kelly needs a break.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 28, 2018, 09:18:52 PM
Kimbrel does his thing. Sox sweep. Needed that.

Needed that is right but we have to get Kelly straightened out because he has looked awful the last few times out and strikes me as the guy with a deer in the headlights.  He has to sharpen up and I think Benny has gone into a slump and we need him to get warm again.  Why can't all our guys hit in sync?  BUT, we took care of business again tonight when we had to and will not go into YS with our tails between our legs suffering from a letdown.  We did what we needed to do and will at least be taking on the Yankees in first place.  What we need to do is make sure we do not leave YS with our tails between our legs.  We need to make a statement this weekend.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 28, 2018, 10:28:13 PM

Needed that is right but we have to get Kelly straightened out because he has looked awful the last few times out and strikes me as the guy with a deer in the headlights.  He has to sharpen up and I think Benny has gone into a slump and we need him to get warm again.  Why can't all our guys hit in sync?  BUT, we took care of business again tonight when we had to and will not go into YS with our tails between our legs suffering from a letdown.  We did what we needed to do and will at least be taking on the Yankees in first place.  What we need to do is make sure we do not leave YS with our tails between our legs.  We need to make a statement this weekend.

Fred,
You need to give credit to JBJ - good defense AND the 2 run home run sealed this win.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 29, 2018, 07:19:53 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 28, 2018, 10:28:13 PM

Fred,
You need to give credit to JBJ - good defense AND the 2 run home run sealed this win.
B I N G O dat !!!  Who is that center fielder with a great glove & HOT BAT ????  Nice win, the  B P has done the job but all could use a night off …… ON TO NEW YORK !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Great outfield plays by all three guys last night too.  Fun game to watch.  It was funny how they mentioned that when Kelly was pitching, apparently Cora was yelling to Vazquez to make him throw more fast balls.  I noticed Kimbrel was screwing around less too.  Keep these guys doing what they do best with just enough off speed stuff to make guys wonder.

Still can't believe the Yankees get a day off before a home game to rest up for the Sox series.  They don't need more days off!  The big thing this weekend will be to win at least 2 and take care of that loss column differential.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAZY - the Red Sox have played 4 more games
than the Yankees.
Actually most teams have played more games
than the Yankees.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 29, 2018, 01:35:16 PM
than the Yankees.
than the Yankees.
RAIN ?????????

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 29, 2018, 01:45:52 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 29, 2018, 01:35:16 PM
than the Yankees.
than the Yankees.
RAIN ?????????

I know that many were rainouts - but, still . . .
You would think with all the off days the Yankees have had,
that they would have been able to make up a few more games.

It is what it is.

Let's GO Sox!