GAME #65, SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 2018, CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 09, 2018, 09:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Price vs Rodon - 4:05PM Eastern

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 09, 2018, 09:31:17 AM
Price vs ???? - 4:05PM Eastern

I really fear for our team markj.  I think Cora's malfeasance and stupidity with that throwaway attitude on Thursday may have caused our team to stagger and fall into a hole.  Within a week we could be five games behind and sinking badly.  Amazing how inept the guy can be and it pisses me off that we have a manager who is given on the job training when faced with a very strong Yankee team that doesn't use the throwaway method but plays every game to win.  Cora is now totally on my shit list as Farrell was.

Bill-806

RUN SOX RUN...…. The YANK$ are trying to BURY you !!!! iono iono

Bill-806

SHOWCASE, SHOWCASE, SHOWCASE...…  OK  D D, I am ready for a PACKAGE...… FREE these guys  and lets get some GOOD YOUTH back !!!  What say you !!! thumb_u iono

Bill-806

As DAD would say..... "SON, a win is a win" !!!  Why do I think that the SOX will have to WIN every game to top the DREADED YANK$ ????  What a RACE !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 09, 2018, 06:19:14 PM
As DAD would say..... "SON, a win is a win" !!!  Why do I think that the SOX will have to WIN every game to top the DREADED YANK$ ????  What a RACE !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

That's all I'l say too Bill....a win is a win and that's about it.  It doesn't make up for last night's shithole performance and it sure as hell doesn't make up for Cora's anal brain cramp on Thursday.  The only way to make up for it is to go on the road tomorrow AFTER winning the rubber match and have a solid road trip and a sweep of one team to make up for the crap of the last two days. Sure, it sound like I'm pissed off.  Well I am......We lost two games we should never have lost and to expect to get much help from the Mets is a ceremony of the absurd.  Good job pitching staff today and thank God we got JD back or we might still be playing the game.  Now when the hell is baby Mookie going to get off his ass and back in the lineup?

ipot

a W is a W is right.  But, boy, are we struggling with the Pale Hose.  :-X
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Sea Dog 23

This team seems to falter against southpaws like parts of last year.  But with four or more players hitting at or south of the Mendoza, that's a bad mixture for our pitchers fighting to avoid one or two runs.  And like Fred says, there's nobody in AAA with a hot bat right now.

elktonnick

One observation is that DD has to become active to add depth to the lineup.  Apart from Holt and Nunez, no one else has stepped up.  It seems that Swihart has never found his hitting groove.  I suspect he will be moved soon.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 10, 2018, 06:59:54 AM
One observation is that DD has to become active to add depth to the lineup.  Apart from Holt and Nunez, no one else has stepped up.  It seems that Swihart has never found his hitting groove.  I suspect he will be moved soon.
B I N G O  &  CONCUR !! thumb_u

longgame

In all fairness the last couple of days we had Martinez on the shelf (and he showed what we missed when he was out) plus Betts and of course we had hoped to have Pedey back too.  I just think Cora can put together better lineups when guys are hurt like this.  First of all, the bottom 4 is now a total black hole with a combo of JBJ, Vaz/Leon (trending up at least), Devers and now Swhihart/Travis taking up a spot.  Then knowing he's stuck with this mess, he can't be giving Holt or Beni a day off.  Even when Betts gets back, let's get a couple of games back at full force before the rest of the guys end up getting a long weekend off or something. 

elktonnick

Amen,  Cora is beginning to remind me of Farrell in that once he gets an idea in his head he doesn't change it to adapt to a change in circumstances