GAME #45, FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 18, 2018, 01:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

ORIOLES V RED SOX

FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018, 7:10 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MASN

BALTIMORE, (13-30).......................................................................................BOSTON, (30-14)

BALTIMORE:

ALEX COBB, RHP, 0-5, 7.06 ERA, 16K

Cobb, who is looking for his first win with the Orioles, starts for the eight time.  In his
first start with Baltimore, Cobb allowed eight runs (7 earned) on 10 hits at Fenway Park
on April 14.

BOSTON:

DREW POMERANZ, LHP, 1-1, 5.47 ERA, 26K

Pomeranz struggled with his command in his first start at Toronto, walking five and
allowing five hits and three runs over four innings.  In five career starts  against the
Orioles, he is 2-2 with a 3.60 ERA.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-red-sox/2018/05/18/530063#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=530063

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Betts RF,

Benintendi LF,

Ramirez 1B,

Martinez DH,

Bogaerts SS,

Devers 3B,

Núñez 2B,

Bradley CF,

Vázquez C,

Pomeranz LHP.

TWITTER

elktonnick

How pathetic is Jackie Bradley at the plate!  Cobb just threw him three 92mph fastballs right down the middle of the plate and he swung and missed each one.  To me that means pitchers totally disrespect Bradley as hitter.

markj

markj

Vazquez blows a play at the plate, so 2-runs in and the inning goes on.

markj

Machado drives in 2 more. Pom-pom sucks tonight. Time to get folks up in the pen.

elktonnick

Swihart couldn't have done worse.  BTW Pomerantz looks about as bad as I have ever seen him

elktonnick

JBJ once again swung and missed on three 92 mph fastballs.  Even the Os announcers noticed how JBJ was late on every swing.  Bradley can't get around on a mediocre fastball.  Webb challenged him on virtually every pitch. 

Bradley has looked bad since the first days of spring training.  In fact he has never looked worse than he did on these last two at bats.  I have seen any sign that he has improved one iota.

markj

Hanley ends a promising inning with yet another GIDP. Sox did pick up a couple of runs.

markj

markj

Mookie up with bases loaded and 2 outs. Can't ask for anyone better at the plate.

markj

Leesam01

Is there any indication that Pomeranz is still hurt? He's been mostly ineffective this season so far.

Sox need to be able to win these games.

Bear

Why is Pomeranz still up in Boston?  He needs more rehab.
As for Cobb, he has a 7.06 ERA and we still can't hit him.
What's up with these Sox players.
Time for Cora to kick them in the rear.

elktonnick

Pomerantz  seems to me to be a very fragile ball player.  I think he is always "hurt"