GAME #16, TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2017, BOSTON RED SOX AT ANAHEIM ANGELS

Started by Bear, April 16, 2018, 03:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on April 17, 2018, 10:44:41 PM
Great game, best save some for tomorrow.
It's an exciting game for the Sox.
thumb_u

We saved "some for tomorrow" Bear.  I was there last night (Wednesday) and you would have thought you were in Fenway.   The place was 75% Red Sox and the call 'LETS GO RED SOX' reveberated throughout the ballpark.  It was a helluva site to see and I had a blast, but it got cold there very early.  Not you kind of cold, you could have taken it, but this Californian doesn't likecold of any kind and I was freezing my rear end off by the fifth inning or so.  But the team really was operating on all cylinders.  Great evening.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 18, 2018, 05:07:39 AM
B I N G O, B I N G O, we have B I N G O !!  What a game, we have a JUG/A/NOT here !!!  14 & 2.... As DAD would say, "SON, much better to win in APRIL than have to make it up in SEPTEMBER" !! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Your dad was right Bill.  Games won in April can be even more important than in September because if it gives us a decent lead the other clubs chasing us have to put it in overdrive, and, as you saw, the last two seasons they came up short both times  even though it led to a crapout by us in the ALDS----but we did win the AL East both times.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 18, 2018, 07:40:54 AM
When I first criticized that approach over a year ago as out moded, I was jumped on by so called experts on another board.  I almost feel that John Henry or whomever in the FO was monitoring this board because a lot of the ideas first suggested here over the past couple of years seemed to have been implemented.

Your #@% Damn right on that score Elk.  There were three or four us here bemoaning things the Sox were doing that worked against us and your rant against working the count was front and center.  You also don't have to tell me what Board you were talking about----it was Talksox with their band of ass kissing know-it-alls who standard refrain is "WELL,  THE GUYS RUNNING THE TEAM MORE KNOW MORE THAN YOU OR I DO."  Well they should just speak for themselves because WE do know more than a lot of those pencil necked geeks in the front office and on the field do.  We coached and we can see with our own eyes when something is amiss. 

BTW, there are about a half-dozen guys on TS who are excellent baseball people and I wish they came on here, but there are some know it alls, including one stupid witch who comes out with some of the more ludicrous mutterings known to man.  You were right Elk---keep in there pitching.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 18, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
After bashing Holt being in the lineup I had an unhealthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and crow.

Don't let it bother you Rob.  When you're proactive and make remarks about some of the things you see and think you see, well, you are always leaving yourself open for a critic or two.  Fortunately, the guys on this board for the most are constructive and helpful and usually let us down easy when we stray.  But that's the nature of the beast.  I happen to like Holt and always have.  He is a real get in your face blue collar  type, but he does piss me off from time to time because he irritatingly seems to always take a called strike.  He might be the last one of our crew to break that habit, but after seeing Lin look like crap flailing away last night, I look forward to seeing Brock back in there tonight.  At least he can hit lefties some of the time.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 18, 2018, 08:39:41 AM
Mookies linen   AB 3  3r  H3     RBIs 3     HR 3.     I still say he needs to be penciled in at 3 or 4.

Guess who else has been saying that-------since before Spring Training Rob.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 18, 2018, 08:51:55 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 18, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
After bashing Holt being in the lineup I had an unhealthy breakfast of scrambled eggs and crow.

I had a crow smoothie.

And let me say mark, no one on this board gives a rip that you had to eat crow.  We all eat it here from time time, and at least we have the kind of group that understands we all make mistakes, me being a charter member of that club.  As I said before, I wasn't satisfied with just the win on Tuesday.  I was there yesterday and we had to win that won to take the series.  We lost both series to the Angels last year after winning the first game.   That sucked.  Maybe tonight if we keep ourselves with eyes on the prize we can close it out with a hat trick.   That would be swell.