GAME #29, MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2019, ATHLETICS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 29, 2019, 09:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Brasier with the win. I believe Barnes with the save. On to Tuesday.

Murph

The bottom line when your not a good team enjoy the wins the other team gives you. This will be a struggle to get to 90 wins.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 29, 2019, 09:10:45 PM
Cora wants one in the win column.  Brought in Brasier to bail out Workman in the 7th  and then work the eighth.  Barnes has to bail Velazquez' almost disaster in the 9th.

Also wisely didn't leave E-Rod in to see if he could get away with the win with 2 down in the 4th.

longgame

Quote from: Murph on April 30, 2019, 08:00:01 AM
The bottom line when your not a good team enjoy the wins the other team gives you. This will be a struggle to get to 90 wins.

On the other hand, every team makes mistakes and the Sox capitalized on those mistakes every time last year.  Still, would like to see a game when it all comes together. 

Murph

Quote from: longgame on April 30, 2019, 08:07:01 AM
Quote from: Murph on April 30, 2019, 08:00:01 AM

On the other hand, every team makes mistakes and the Sox capitalized on those mistakes every time last year.  Still, would like to see a game when it all comes together.

Speaking of last years teams seems like eons ago and there is little but the names on the jerseys that this team resembles 2018.

SeaBeachFred

Just glad we won the game and came from behind to do it.  This team of ours has been a real headache for all of us and I wonder just what it is that has derailed us so badly so far.  Needless to say we need to go on a solid run and very soon.  This one game and two game winning streaks are barf for the birds.  We've dug ourselves a hole and must get out of it.

BTW, my regular computer broke down last Friday and I am in our local library trying to keep up with my friends.  How about that winning streak now, and Porcello, try to limit the amount of hits you give up tonight.  We need another win badly.