GAME #138, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 04, 2017, 02:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on September 04, 2017, 09:54:59 PM
Pathetic doesn't even apply.  There's nothing really "it factor" about this team.  I can't be angry at them because they are essentially overachievers and lucky.  They're not 2011 which had the talent and choked. 

If they blow it, it's easy to see why: Sale got them about 10 Ws more than they would have otherwise.  They are a 500 team without Sale.  And that's even if Price was in the rotation all season. 

Hopefully, the purge begins with Farrell being the first out the door October 2nd.

I'll believe Farrell is gone when I see it.  Just think, if this organization had any brains we could have had Torey Lovullo running our team now.  Look at what he's done in Arizona, and they pounded the Dodgers in the ground again tonight, four in a row over baseball's best team this year.  The more I think of Lovullo in Arizona the more I hate Farrell with a passion.

markj

I like Lovullo too and wish he were still here, but didn't the Dodgers put a bunch of their starters on the DL and/or bench them so they can rest up before the post-season?

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, like they say on that great  T V SOAP show, LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR 2017 RED SOX" !!! thumb_d slap rofl

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 04, 2017, 08:33:37 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 04, 2017, 08:05:56 PM
OMG -
Jays 7 - Sox 2.

WHAT has happened to this team????????

They will be only 2.5 games up on the Yankees after this loss.

(Starting to feel like September of 2011 . . .)

Feel SICK!

You kept asking that question all during 2014 and 2015 just as you're asking now.  You know the answer but if you don't what do these three seasons have in common?  Yes, that's right....Farrell in the dugout----and you will be asking this question in 2018 unless Farrell is fired as soon as possible.

Great!!!!!  Now that moron is pinch hitting for Travis who has two hits......but does he pinch hit for Ramirez, or Pukegaerts, or his pet Young???  What does that tell you about that worthless bastard Farrell?  And that Dave O'Brien; he is the shittiest Red Sox announcer I have ever heard.  He repeats himself and, worse than that, makes some of the most assinine comments that makes a listener roll his eyes while making him sick.

He screwed that up big time - pulling the guy with 2 hits for Moreland who almost GIDP?  Seriously?  Then having Bogaerts in at all.  Rice was talking about him in the post game about how he is trying to use his wrists rather than his arms. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 05, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
OMG -
Jays 7 - Sox 2.

Feel SICK!

You kept asking that question all during 2014 and 2015 just as you're asking now.  You know the answer but if you don't what do these three seasons have in common?  Yes, that's right....Farrell in the dugout----and you will be asking this question in 2018 unless Farrell is fired as soon as possible.

Great!!!!!  Now that moron is pinch hitting for Travis who has two hits......but does he pinch hit for Ramirez, or Pukegaerts, or his pet Young???  What does that tell you about that worthless bastard Farrell?  And that Dave O'Brien; he is the shittiest Red Sox announcer I have ever heard.  He repeats himself and, worse than that, makes some of the most assinine comments that makes a listener roll his eyes while making him sick.

He screwed that up big time - pulling the guy with 2 hits for Moreland who almost GIDP?  Seriously?  Then having Bogaerts in at all.  Rice was talking about him in the post game about how he is trying to use his wrists rather than his arms.
That's a  B I N G O !!!   I saw Rice after the game too, he is 110% right !!!  Can't the other coaches see it TOO ??? iono slap rofl

Schloicka

OMG -
Jays 7 - Sox 2.

Feel SICK!

Travis is like the rest of the players on the team. They hit well with no one in scoring position but don't when it counts most. Travis got 2 hits with no one on base but popped out to end the inning with a runner on 3rd. Travis had an opportunity and choked.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 05, 2017, 01:02:01 PM
OMG -
Jays 7 - Sox 2.

Feel SICK!

Travis is like the rest of the players on the team. They hit well with no one in scoring position but don't when it counts most. Travis got 2 hits with no one on base but popped out to end the inning with a runner on 3rd. Travis had an opportunity and choked.

Well he's had good teachers to learn from like Ramirez, Bogaerts and now Betts who have been choking all season, and in Bogaerts's case going all the way back to 2014 (remember, 133 with runners in scoring position).  Get Ramirez and Bogaerts out of town in the off season and perhaps Travis will have other people to learn from, the few who can hit when it counts.

Schloicka

You win games these days hitting hr's. We can keep Travis, Betts, JBJ or whomever but if they can't hit hr's you won't win consistently. When the Sox had a nice streak going it was because they were hitting some hr's. It's very hard these days to string together 3, 4, 5 hits to get a couple runs. So unless Travis or anyone else is going to hit 30 or more hr's I don't want to see them. When you have so many starters hitting below .250 your not going to string together a lot of hits. Hr's are very important. Like I said before. Moreland, Benintendi, Nunez & Devers (who cooled off a lot at end of August) were our only real threats in August but that's because we were getting some hr's out of them. Sox had a very good August because of the hr ball.

They screwed up big time by signing Moreland over Encarnación. I understand the thinking (get under the luxury tax) but they could of been creative to do that. Ortiz retiring left a gaping hole in the lineup. They don't really have anyone the other team has to worry to much about in the lineup.