GAME #129, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 26, 2017, 01:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 27, 2017, 10:48:58 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 26, 2017, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 26, 2017, 08:20:33 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 26, 2017, 06:32:29 PM
Do we even have a pitching coach?  You'd think he could offer some advice before the season gets gone.

Yes, it is the same pitching coach that has led the pitchers to the 2nd best ERA in the AL and the 4th best in all of MLB.  The last I remembered it's the pitchers who throw the ball . You don`t blame a coaches staff that is 4th best out of 30 teams. It seems the advice he has given has been damn good up to the last 3 games wouldn't you agree.

The past records look good, granted.  But I don't like the way this is trending.  Shades of the staff in the AL playoffs last year.

Up and downs for every team.Can`t recall any teams not going through hard times .Nature of the beast in ANY SPORT.

I went round and round with a guy named Pedroiaphile on Sawxheads about this in 2011.  He said the same  things you're saying now and I told him that i thought it was the beginning of a total collapse.  Well these last few games do not look like a slump to me; it looks like the team is unraveling en-masse.  Nice to know I could be wrong and see us recover but we have the start of a four game series with the Yankees coming up next weekend and right now we absolutely stink---the team has gone into a hitting drought, the pitching is below average, we keep making  tons of mistakes on the bases and in the field, and we have about the very worst manager in the game who doesn't even know how to use his lineup and when a batter should hit and when one shouldn't.   This could be the makings of a disaster.  You can pan me if I'm wrong and  the team recovers but you can bet I will let you and the rest hear it loud and clear if we go into that tank and not come out.