GAME #88, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, July 08, 2017, 03:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Porcello pitched a hell of a game, the "check swinging" prima Donner's  lost this one !!!

Schloicka

Only 1 chance to score in the whole game. Don't win many that way.

markj

Wrong end of a pitching duel. Several of them so far this year.

Rob from Mass

As Mark said earlier give credit to Cobb .Just happened to be a bit better than Porcello.The bad is we lost but the good is the way Porcello looked like in 2016.No gripes from me on this game at all .

SeaBeachFred

Let's cut the shit with all these hinted at moral victory statements.  We lost the fu@#in' game because once again we did not hit----and unless this changes radically over the next month we will not makle the playoffs, and if by some miracle we do, it will be short lived.  WE NEED A COUPLE MORE HITTERS!!!!!!!!!  We cannot count   on the ones we have to get the job done because they cannot get the job done on a consistent basis, and what the hell was Bradley doing on the bench today.  He is one of our hottest hitters.  Was he hurt?  If not why the F@#$ wasn't he in the lineup.  Young? against a right hander?  He is shitty against righthanders.  He lost his job in Arizona because he couldn't hit them and the Yankees NEVER played him against right handed pitchers.  So why the hell was he in the lineup----and please don't give me this shit about given Jackie a day off.  He could have had four of them starting Monday.

Again, though, we need to trade for a hitter n o matter what?  We cannot count on Betts, Bogaerts, Pedroia, Moreland and Ramirez to hit consistently on a daily basis.  We know that now and we see it every second or third game.  Farrell must stifle himself tomorrow and give no one a breather.  We have to win that game and get a split.  Losing three of four to the Rays cheapens our road trip and sends us into the ASB on a downer and perhaps headed into the tank.  And we should all be familiar with that tank because we've seen the Red Sox in that tank way to many times since 2011 not to understand what I mean.  What fu@#in' chokers this team was today.  I'm about as mad as I've been all season with this horseshit effort, wasting a strong game from Porcello, and let me leave you with this.  What if the Yankees' dramatic win today serves as an elixir for them to get them out of their funk.  We play them as soon as the ASB finishes.  Can you envision a tanked team taking on a sudden resurgent enemy?  Get on that frigin' phone Dombrowski and get us a third baseman who can hit and maybe a catcher or DH to.  WE NEED HITTERS damn it.

ipot

Porcello does very good.
+
Ty Cy Cobb
+
Zombies In The Batter's Box for 3rd out of last 4 games.
=
0-1
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 08, 2017, 06:29:41 PM
Let's cut the shit with all these hinted at moral victory statements.  We lost the fu@#in' game because once again we did not hit----and unless this changes radically over the next month we will not makle the playoffs, and if by some miracle we do, it will be short lived.  WE NEED A COUPLE MORE HITTERS!!!!!!!!!  We cannot count   on the ones we have to get the job done because they cannot get the job done on a consistent basis, and what the hell was Bradley doing on the bench today.  He is one of our hottest hitters.  Was he hurt?  If not why the F@#$ wasn't he in the lineup.  Young? against a right hander?  He is shitty against righthanders.  He lost his job in Arizona because he couldn't hit them and the Yankees NEVER played him against right handed pitchers.  So why the hell was he in the lineup----and please don't give me this shit about given Jackie a day off.  He could have had four of them starting Monday.

Again, though, we need to trade for a hitter n o matter what?  We cannot count on Betts, Bogaerts, Pedroia, Moreland and Ramirez to hit consistently on a daily basis.  We know that now and we see it every second or third game.  Farrell must stifle himself tomorrow and give no one a breather.  We have to win that game and get a split.  Losing three of four to the Rays cheapens our road trip and sends us into the ASB on a downer and perhaps headed into the tank.  And we should all be familiar with that tank because we've seen the Red Sox in that tank way to many times since 2011 not to understand what I mean.  What fu@#in' chokers this team was today.  I'm about as mad as I've been all season with this horseshit effort, wasting a strong game from Porcello, and let me leave you with this.  What if the Yankees' dramatic win today serves as an elixir for them to get them out of their funk.  We play them as soon as the ASB finishes.  Can you envision a tanked team taking on a sudden resurgent enemy?  Get on that frigin' phone Dombrowski and get us a third baseman who can hit and maybe a catcher or DH to.  WE NEED HITTERS damn it.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Fred. Our lack of production is from dipshit Farrell already allowing this group to rest on its laurels for finishing in 1st at the ASB. Why the hell IS JBJ sitting when he's got 4 days off starting tomorrow?

You mark my words, watch that culture of losing show right back up if we crap the bed again today. I can see it already.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

longgame

The most important thing in this game was Porcello's performance.  It would have helped had they not lost the last 2 games including this one.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 10, 2017, 08:02:35 AM
The most important thing in this game was Porcello's performance.  It would have helped had they not lost the last 2 games including this one.

NO, it wasn't Ted.  The most important thing in Saturday's game is THAT WE LOST THAT GAME.   Winning comes before anything else.  Nothing else matters....WINNING WINNING AND WINNING SOME MORE.  That goes double for Sunday's game.  Right now our team is a mediocre ball club led by an incompetent and dull and uninspiring manager.  If the Yankees or the Rays or the Orioles or the Jays get real hot we will be steamrolled and perhaps headed to another 2014 or 2015.  Yes, we are capable of being that shitty.