GAME #55, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, June 03, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V ORIOLES

SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 2017, 7:15 PM AT ORIOLE PARK, CAMDEN YARDS

TV:  FOX

BOSTON, (29-25).....................................................................BALTIMORE, (29-24)

BOSTON:

DAVID PRICE, LHP, 0-0, 5.10 ERA, 4K

The lefty makes his second start from the DL.  Aside from the three-run
homer he allowed to Melky Cabrera, Price was solid vs the White Sox.
Over five innings, he allowed two hits while striking our four.

BALTIMORE:

DYLAN BUNDY, RHP, 6-3, 2.89 49K

Bundy picked up his first win for an Orioles starting pitcher since May 9
on Monday against the Yankees.  In 6 2/3 innings, he allowed just two runs,
both were home runs.

Price's second start comes against Bundy, O's

Mandy Bell

Coming off his season debut, Red Sox left-hander David Price will take the mound in the third game of a four-game series against the Orioles at Camden Yards on Saturday.

Price (0-0, 5.40) spent the first two months of the season on the disabled list due to a left elbow strain, and he is looking to command his fastball a little bit better vs. the Orioles than he did against the White Sox. He issued back-to-back walks before giving up a three-run homer to Melky Cabrera. That was, however, just one of two hits Price allowed in his five innings.

"It's definitely a step in the right direction," Price said of his first start. "I felt good. Just command the baseball a little bit better with my fastball, and I think things will take off for me."

"Honestly, I don't think I threw a single pitch at 99 percent. Everything's 100 percent. I haven't gotten to that point in my career yet where I taper off of certain pitches. My health is not in my mind. I feel healthy. Just go out there and get better."
Dylan Bundy (6-3, 2.89), meanwhile, has been the rock Baltimore has needed this season. The righty will look to feed off his previous outing on Monday against the Yankees, when he picked up the first win for an O's starting pitcher since May 9. The righty has yet to have an outing last fewer than six innings in 2017.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME

• Entering Friday, the Orioles were 20-11 (.645) against the American League East this season. That's the second-best division record for any MLB team (Houston, 17-6 vs. AL West). The Red Sox, on the other hand, have lost 12 of 22 against the AL East this year.

• Last year, Mookie Betts hit .408/.477/.816 with nine home runs in 19 games against Baltimore, including eight homers in 10 games at Camden Yards. But this year, the outfielder is hitting just .179/.256/.282 with one home run in the first 10 games against the Orioles.

• Manny Machado, who has heated up after snapping an 0-for-18 slump Thursday, enters Saturday with a .294 career average against Price, with three home runs and five RBIs in 34 at-bats.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20170602234019972/prices-second-start-comes-against-bundy-os/?game_pk=490929

Bear

RED SOX LINEUP:

Mookie Betts RF
Andrew Benintendi LF
Xander Bogaerts SS
Mitch Moreland 1B
Hanley Ramirez DH
Jackie Bradley Jr. CF
Christian Vazquez C
Pablo Sandoval 3B
Josh Rutledge 3B

DAVID PRICE, PITCHER

Bill-806

Could it be that climate change has zapped our offense ?? rofl :losers

longgame

Not a match up to feel good about.  Let's see if Price can pull through, but it won't matter if they can't hit. 

I'm not sure what's up with this game.  It's listed as the Fox game but for some reason even though we're forced to watch the O's broadcasts if the Sox play them, our local listings have Pittsburgh and the Mets. 

ipot

Quote from: longgame on June 03, 2017, 12:39:54 PM
Not a match up to feel good about.  Let's see if Price can pull through, but it won't matter if they can't hit. 

I'm not sure what's up with this game.  It's listed as the Fox game but for some reason even though we're forced to watch the O's broadcasts if the Sox play them, our local listings have Pittsburgh and the Mets.

Price will have done his job if he can go 7 and gives up 3 runs or less.   As you said, if they can't hit it becomes moot. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

The way the Sox offense is going Price could pitch a no hitter and lose due to defensive errors. Iwouldn't bet against it happening.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 03, 2017, 04:33:20 PM
The way the Sox offense is going Price could pitch a no hitter and lose due to defensive errors. Iwouldn't bet against it happening.
  B I N G O  dat !!! rofl iono

Schloicka

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

7th inning and starting to look like our pitchers can't give up more than 1 run for the W.  The offense has used up its allotted 5 hits
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Kimbrel cleans up a little mess in the 8th. On to the 9th. Sox up 4-1.

Schloicka

Schloicka

Kimbrel trying to implode here in the 9th.

elktonnick

Great performance by Price.  Glad to see Ramirez and Betts break out.  However, the unsung hero was Moreland.  His 11 pitch at bat set up Ramirez.

Schloicka