GAME #9, PITTSBURGH PIRATES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 13, 2017, 04:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

I wish you turn out to be right on that Ted, but recent history might throw a roadblock on that.  In the last two years of Francona's tutelege, one under Valentine and four under Farrell, the Red Sox have made an irritatingly bad habit of catching a team coming in on a losing streak and allowing them to get well at our expense.  This was especially true the last four years under Farrell, save for that miracle of 2013.  Pedal to the metal is needed now more than ever so that this season we don't play Santa Claus to some team or teams coming in to face us hungry for some redemption.  We need to make sure they get their redemption somewhere else.  Frankly I'm sick of the Red Sox' miserable habit of playing that kind of role.

SeaBeachFred

Well I se that the Red Sox are living up to my worst impressions of them.  Just as I told Ted (longgame), we have this bad habit of allowing slumping teams to get well at our expense and tonight we're getting hammered 7-0-----and I insist on what I told George last night----our team could be in a lot of trouble.