GAME #6, RED SOX AT DETROIT TIGERS

Started by Bear, April 10, 2017, 03:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Sandoval's concept of situational hitting is a joke.  Twice with men on third and less than two outs he swung at pitches early in the count that were impossible to lift and both times he hit routine grounders to the left side of the infield.  If it were on my club I'd tell him he would be riding the pines the next time he does that.

Muggah

Quote from: longgame on April 11, 2017, 08:32:12 AM
I'm willing to give a team a pass when arguably it's two best players have been out (Betts and Bogaerts).  Bradley makes a difference as well, but add to that Ramirez and you're talking half the lineup and some of the more productive hitters.

I wonder when the Sandoval experiment will be over?  He's a minor injury away from "retirement".  What a waste.

Sox need to score more than a run if they want to win games.

Something tells me this team is going to have trouble scoring runs all season long.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Muggah on April 11, 2017, 03:42:30 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 10, 2017, 04:07:34 PM
Fatso is now hitting 130, making errors while Prune Face laughs and says to himself that he is getting some payback for that contract he gave him.  I told all of you last season that the team was screwing Travis Shaw and programming him to fail.  Wanna bet Sandoval will not hit 16 homers and drive in 70 runs this year?  Then again, it's not only him.  Betts isn't stepping up and right now is a minus for the team, Hernandez is a hot and cold player, mostly cold, Benny has cooled of, Bradley is out indefinately, Bogaerts can't find the right planbe to fly on, and so it goes.  One damn run today and now we know why we miss Papi.  We seem to have right now a gutless bunch of bums who can't stand up and be counted.

Do you see any semblance of leadership within this bunch? I certainly don't.

That's it Muggah.  We don't seem to have a real leader on the field who can rally the troops.  Everyone seems to be looking for someone else to take the lead and while Dustin would be the natural leader for this bunch the others either don't want to follow him or they simply are just a bunch of rudderless bums who simply cannot stand up and take a stand.  We could have some losers on our team, sad to say.

SeaBeachFred

I'm willing to give a team a pass when arguably it's two best players have been out (Betts and Bogaerts).  Bradley makes a difference as well, but add to that Ramirez and you're talking half the lineup and some of the more productive hitters.

I wonder when the Sandoval experiment will be over?  He's a minor injury away from "retirement".  What a waste.

Ted---in my opinion  the Sandoval experiment will go on and on because IMHO the words went out to DD that Fatso be given full support this season since Prune Face is determined to get back five cents on the dollar to that ridiculous contract, he, Lucchino and Cherngton gave him after the 2014 season.  Then, again, who do we have to take his place?

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 11, 2017, 02:23:09 PM

Ted---in my opinion  the Sandoval experiment will go on and on because IMHO the words went out to DD that Fatso be given full support this season since Prune Face is determined to get back five cents on the dollar to that ridiculous contract, he, Lucchino and Cherngton gave him after the 2014 season.  Then, again, who do we have to take his place?

His contract is as fat as he is.  I thought there was some hope for him in Spring training but maybe once he made the team he stopped by the hot dog stand.

longgame

Quote from: Muggah on April 11, 2017, 09:48:30 AM

Something tells me this team is going to have trouble scoring runs all season long.

I hope not, but they have little margin for error.  Bogey and Betts have to be the hitting machines they were, especially the first half of the year, but of course all year.  Ramirez has to pick up the slack as well.  We need a good solid season from him and I'm fine if he's the every day DH as long as Moreland keeps hitting (he won't hit like this forever of course).  I figure anything we get from Benitiendi is a plus, and I think he's the real deal, that's the one upside area.  Pedroia needs to be healthy, JBJ can't disappear for months at a time, 3B is a loss.  Sandy Leon is making a strong case to be the every day catcher for some time to come.