GAME #89, SATURDAY, JULY 6, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS

Started by Schloicka, July 06, 2019, 08:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

markj

Schloicka

elktonnick

Sox won against the hapless Tigers who have one more win than the more hapless Orioles.  If only they can only play the Os, Royals and Tigers then they may actually win a wildcard spot.

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on July 06, 2019, 11:18:44 PM
Sox won against the hapless Tigers who have one more win than the more hapless Orioles.  If only they can only play the Os, Royals and Tigers then they may actually win a wildcard spot.

Yeah, but it won`t be easy.

Sea Dog 23

In a perfect world DD would strike a deal for Tigers' Shane Greene while he's in town.  However we can't finance it right now, let alone have the key prospects to start dealing.  Or will he?

Bill-806

WOW,  what a RAIN DELAY ……. Woke up in the 7th inning …….. Must keep winning, one at a time !!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 07, 2019, 08:21:57 AM
In a perfect world DD would strike a deal for Tigers' Shane Greene while he's in town.  However we can't finance it right now, let alone have the key prospects to start dealing.  Or will he?

Well he didn't and so we still have the same plethora of boobs, none of whom you can trust for near certain to go in there and not get their tits lit.  Shane Greene would have been a real improvement over thel ikes of the crew we have but for whatever reason DD held on to his cards----in this case a bunch of sick jokers.

rkarp

I think a pen that consists of Wright, Hembree, Barnes, Eavoldi and Brazier has the potential to be top 5 in baseball
it is up to Cora and the starting P's to keep them fresh/effective
it will be challenging, as DD did not get them a true closer
simply put, if Sale and Porcello can find there "normal", and Johnson is healthy enough to take the ball every 5th day, this team will be in the wild card, and once in, anything can happen

elktonnick

Quote from: rkarp on July 08, 2019, 11:41:44 AM
I think a pen that consists of Wright, Hembree, Barnes, Eavoldi and Brazier has the potential to be top 5 in baseball
simply put, if Sale and Porcello can find there "normal", and Johnson is healthy enough to take the ball every 5th day, this team will be in the wild card, and once in, anything can happen

Workman has been the Sox's most consistent reliever with a WHIP of 1.041 and the best ERA on the club at 1.79

rkarp

yes, you are 100% correct. I typed him in but misspelled his name. I then deleted and did not put him back
good catch

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on July 08, 2019, 12:27:50 PM

Workman has been the Sox's most consistent reliever with a WHIP of 1.041 and the best ERA on the club at 1.79

Workmans Achilles heel is to many BB.

SeaBeachFred

Who are we kidding here guys????  Karp says we don't have a closer---and when you don't have a real closer you have a gigantic bullpen problem.  Closer by Committee is an abject failure wherever it has been attempted and always will .  We tried it back in 2003 and it failed miserably and it isn't working now.  Perhaps when Nathan comes back, and Wright regains his form, and Workman learns his control, and Brasier stops giving up homers, and Barnes doesn't meatball away any more games, and maybe when pigs fly, we'll have a cracker jack bullpen.  But we don't have one now and it will net us nothing if we get a Wild Card berth this Fall and have to protect a one or two run lead late in the game this October.  WE NEED A @#$%&?+ CLOSER PERIOD  and at least two other  relievers who we can trust late in the game.

longgame

I think the return of Hembree and Wright could be positives, but they can't wait forever for Eovaldi to return.  They've got that two weeks I've been talking about coming up.  We need someone on Thursday, not some point later in the season.