GAME #55, TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019, CLEVELAND INDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, May 28, 2019, 07:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

I beg to difer.  Managers say it all the time that so and so has to perform better.  No manager would be so blunt as to say they totally suck but there are ways to get the point across.  Even the current Red Sox manager called out one of his starters some time back, specifically ERod. 
The game hasn't deteriorated that much that a manager can not publicly chide poor performance.  Moreover there is a huge difference between berating some one and down right lying calling something fine when it is clearly not.

Regardless, the current manager's performance to date has been considerably.less than satisfactory.  If with this talent the team doesn't make the playoffs, I would echo Ken Harrelson's strike out call, "He gone!"

SeaBeachFred

Just got home and I will gladly put this thread to bed and try and  forgot what happened last night and hope that Cora and Dombrowski learn from it.  To Murph----dropping dead to get a closer means working yourself to the bone to get it done, not dieing.  In other words you worth yourself to death by working your ass off to get what we need.  To Elk, Cora is signed long term and they will not eat any more money.  We can hope he catches himself and makes a managerial  comeback next season because we all know he has shit the bed badly.  I'm convinced that this closer by committee should have been shit canned after the 2003 season when that policy cost us about a dozen games during the early part of the season and cost us the AL East Title and homefield advantage for the ALCS with the Yankees.  But sometimes people never learn.  Cora must now pick one guy and make him closer and keep our fingers crossed.  My first choice is Waden, my last one is Brasier.

Not watching the game tonight.  I was so angry and pissed off last evening that I almost went catatonic.  I will watch some TV and do some historical reading.  Good luck to our team tonight.  They will badly need it and I don't think it will do them much good.  That's how I feel last night's loss affected them.

elktonnick

Contract or not if Sox fail to make the playoffs with this talent it would have been because they were seriously mismanaged, and the individual responsible has to be held accountable and discharged.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 29, 2019, 06:29:38 PM
Contract or not if Sox fail to make the playoffs with this talent it would have been because they were seriously mismanaged, and the individual responsible has to be held accountable and discharged.

That's the way it is supposed to be Elk but it won't end up that way.  Cora is safe for at least three seasons, including this one.  Hell, Farrell got an extension after the 2014 season when the team finished in LAST place in the AL East.  Any team that sends out trash like Weber, Brewer, Velasquez, Brasier, Lakens and Barnesd has lost its way.  It happens  every year after our team wins a World Series but this could be the most catastrophic fall of all.  And what does the team do???? They sign supreme choker Bogaerts to a long term contract when he is the last guy you want up there in a key game.  My wife and I are going to Boston and New York on a baseball tour with Sports Travel and will see a Red Sox-Rays game.  Right now I am not looking forward to that at all.  It is so hard to take how this team can fall so low in such a short time.  Cora has managed pathetically while Dombrowski has done nothing to help our bullpen save for sending out a pile of garbage when we need some relievers who can get some outs consistently.  We did nothing over the winter to even try and upgrade our bullpen.  F#$% this team.