GAME #55, TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019, CLEVELAND INDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, May 28, 2019, 07:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Xander "Clutch" Bogaerts K's. Sox down to their last out. We'll see if JD can earn his paycheck.

markj

Sox are going nowhere this year. They just don't have the leadership or the pieces. No clutch hitters, no closer, a shitty BP, and a manager who is out to lunch. This is a body blow loss. No excuse for this at all.  thumb_d :losers

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN - Sox LOSE 7 - 5.
HOW in the heck does the bullpen let up 5 runs in the top of the 9th inning????
UNACCEPTABLE . . .

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 28, 2019, 11:21:49 PM
Xander "Clutch" Bogaerts K's. Sox down to their last out. We'll see if JD can earn his paycheck.

I've said this so many times it is a wonder if no one hasn't heard it on this board markj.......Bogaerts is the last hitter I want up late in the game with the contest on the line.  He will fail just about every time ands has been doing this shit since 2014.  I hate seeing him up there in such spots, but this loss is on Cora.  This "closer by committee" which they deny they have but they most certainly do, might be a little effective if Cora wasn't such a stubborn shithead.  Walden has been closing for us pretty well so why was he in there in the 8th inning in a set-up role, and why was Brasier in there in the 9th frame when he has been a total disaster as a closer?  Someone should ask Cora  that but all we'd get out of that crud is nonsense.  Boy has he shit the bed as a manager this year---one mistake and blunder after another.  This loss just might kill us.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 28, 2019, 11:03:22 PM
Game over. Absolutely pathetic 9th inning by the BP. Lakins needs a quick trip back to Pawtucket. DD needs to scrounge up a real closer.

They were talking big about Lakins in St but SBF to DD and Bora Bora----he sucks!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on May 28, 2019, 11:27:11 PM
DAMN - Sox LOSE 7 - 5.
HOW in the heck does the bullpen let up 5 runs in the top of the 9th inning????
UNACCEPTABLE . . .

How does a bullpen let up five runs in the 9th inning????  Easy when you have the shits we have in the pen.  This loss is a body slam to the team.  We will close the series tomorrow and be lucky to win one game in New York this coming weekend.  Make book on it. And this winter get a closer DD even if you have to drop dead to do it, and someone give Cora an anal transplant to the brain because that should be a improvement in his cognitive thinking.....maybe.

Bill-806

With a HEAVY HEART this morning I awoke to a LOSS...… WE (SOX) were winning when I fell asleep...…  Enough to take your BREATH away !!!!! thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Too late to find a dependable closer this late.  All that's left is a Oliver Perez or a Mejica quality, unless you bust the budget for the $88mil guy.  You can trade for one, but that could cost some good, promising pieces on the farm.

What the long term risk is, JDM pondering an opt out playing for a .500, .550 team, Mookie also losing interest?  Are the Sox more promising than playing for the upstart Brewers, Phils, Twins?  Good crops don't last without a lot of cultivating.  I'm starting to think the FO believes the core of  the team is so great it can overcome the hiccups.

longgame

At least the Sox announcers from O'Brien to Caron on the post game show were all over this.  O'Brien mentioned that this is the sort of loss that should trigger changes and Caron mentioned that "closer by committee" has failed.  It only took them two months to figure out what I've said since the offseason - you don't replace two arms and don't have a closer you're going to lose games like this.

I can't blame Cora, he used the pen the way he has planned to. If he brought Brasier in earlier he just would have given up more runs earlier.  Once it got to Lakins it was all over. 

No closer and you see what happens.  Worst loss of the year and they need to address this gaping hole - which isn't made any better by these stupid bullpen starts. 

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on May 29, 2019, 07:54:53 AM
At least the Sox announcers from O'Brien to Caron on the post game show were all over this.  O'Brien mentioned that this is the sort of loss that should trigger changes and Caron mentioned that "closer by committee" has failed.  It only took them two months to figure out what I've said since the offseason - you don't replace two arms and don't have a closer you're going to lose games like this.

I can't blame Cora, he used the pen the way he has planned to. If he brought Brasier in earlier he just would have given up more runs earlier.  Once it got to Lakins it was all over. 

No closer and you see what happens.  Worst loss of the year and they need to address this gaping hole - which isn't made any better by these stupid bullpen starts.

Management had plenty of time in the off-season to recognize their folly in the BP.  But for me one red flag was their probably holding out for Steven Wright to get healthy.  Then when he went PED they did absolutely nothing.  Johnson on the shelf, Thornburg's awful spring, yada, yada.

Spent more time in ST massaging all those weaker arms.  A fool's errand.

Murph

And this winter get a closer DD even if you have to drop dead to do it

Seriously!!!! It's a damn game. Relax already.

elktonnick

Although I didn't hear day it myself, I am told that Manager What me worry said that the bill pen is fine in a post game interview.  If true he is delusional.  BTW I thought Mookie  displayed that fly ball which last year he would have caught.  I think there is something to the comment about some guys are losing interest.  Playing for Manager Alfred E. Neuman I can see why.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on May 29, 2019, 08:51:57 AM
Although I didn't hear day it myself, I am told that Manager What me worry said that the bill pen is fine in a post game interview.  If true he is delusional.  BTW I thought Mookie  displayed that fly ball which last year he would have caught.  I think there is something to the comment about some guys are losing interest.  Playing for Manager Alfred E. Neuman I can see why.

I'd be more worried if the manager went in there with his hair on fire and complained to the press about the performance of his bullpen.  That would be Bobby Valentine type tactics there and we were certainly glad when he left town.  If a manager throws his guys under the bus in a post game conference he'll lose them completely.  Everyone knows what happened there - the pen failed miserably. In fact maybe Cora was making a statement to DD - this is what you gave me so I have to put these guys in. 

As for the Mookie play, that warning track was slick and once he turned one way there was no way he was going to change his footwork and start moving the other way.  If it were a nice dry evening I'd be more concerned. 

elktonnick

It isn't BV like to rightly point out that the bullpen isn't fine.  It is however ridiculous to say everything is peachy when it isn't.  The Red Sox manager is either in deep denial about the patently obvious to anyone with half a baseball brain or he is incompetent.  Because our boy genius manager won a world series everyone is giving him a pass.  But, John Farrell won a world series also and he now has some minor job I believe with the Cincinnati Reds.

I have come to the conclusion, that the Red Sox manager has taken a championship team and mismanaged them to a thus far sub par performance.  The team has so much talent that even a total incompetent nincompoop should be able take them to the playoffs given the number of truly dismal teams such as the Orioles whom they will play.

If the Red Sox current manager, however, continues to blunder his way through this season it is entirely possible that teams with far less talent will finish ahead of Boston and secure playoff berths.  If that should happen, one can only hope that ownership would consign him to the baseball wilderness of scouting talent in the Siberian winter league.  I believe the Vladivostok Gulag Bears has a closer that might impress the Red Sox current  skipper as being fine too.

longgame

If Cora came out and said the bullpen sucks he'd rightly be fired.  A manager is simply not going to throw his guys under the bus, period.