GAME #55, TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019, CLEVELAND INDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, May 28, 2019, 07:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Dammit!! Game blown. Cora...wake up!!!! Brasier is not an option!!

The Sox (and I'm looking at you, DD) screwed up by not nailing down a closer before the season started. This closer-by-committee thing DOES NOT WORK!!

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 28, 2019, 10:46:21 PM
Get this bum out of there before he blows the game!!!

Too late.

Don’t you sometimes get the feeling you’re watching a different game than the manager, whoever the manager is?  Brasier was a train wreck and when he went off the rails with the first guy it didn’t take long for the whole train to jump the track.  Now we have a “high leverage” situation and Lakins is in the game - and hits the first guy.

markj

Now a HBP to put another man on. And still no outs. WTF???

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 28, 2019, 10:49:41 PM
Dammit!! Game blown. Cora...wake up!!!! Brasier is not an option!!

The Sox (and I'm looking at you, DD) screwed up by not nailing down a closer before the season started. This closer-by-committee thing DOES NOT WORK!!

I’m amazed that they’ve gone so far with closer by committee without calling it that and getting a pass for the most part.  I lay the blame though with the front office who didn’t replace two solid arms.  We maybe gained a quality arm in Walden, but that left an open spot and no room for error (like Brasier). 

longgame

This guy is awful too, can’t throw a strike.

Time to go to bed!

markj

And now a walk. Still now outs. This game was in the bag and is about to become a loss.

markj

markj

OMG. This BP sucks. Bases loaded, one out. Sox are going to blow this game.

SeaBeachFred

Walden did a pretty good job at closer so what does moron Cora do.  He puts in a hold position and he craps out Brasier did well in two appearances in the 8th inning and sucked as closer so Cora uses him as a closer and he sucks again.  My God, what an idiot we have as a manager.

markj

Game over. Absolutely pathetic 9th inning by the BP. Lakins needs a quick trip back to Pawtucket. DD needs to scrounge up a real closer.

markj

5 freakin' runs so far in the 9th inning. How sad is that? DD, this is ALL on you. Get a damn closer now!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 28, 2019, 10:43:02 PM
Insurance runs pay off because Braiser is NOT a closer.

But Cora doesn't know this or is too stubborn to admit that using him there is a disaster waiting to happen.  All the good that Alex did last season has come apart at the seams.  He has become a total imbecile with some of his pitching moves.....k=like using Brasier as A CLOSER AGAIN WHEN WE ALL KNOW HE CANNOT CLOSE.  Face it, they won't admit it, but we have a closer by committee, a debacle already happening.  I guess Red Sox brass still doesn't remember  the last time we tried this in 2003.

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN - thought that the Sox would prevail with a 3 run lead going into the
top of the 9th inning.
WTF - Indians score 5 runs?????

CAN the Sox pull off a miracle and come back in the bottom of the 9th?

markj

I'm done. I need to sleep and the Sox suck. This is DD's fault for not securing a bona fide closer. This is what results. You lose games that should have been in the bag.