GAME #53, SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by Schloicka, May 26, 2019, 05:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Looks like the Almighty came thru. Hopefully Cora keeps throwing Walden out as the closer.

Sea Dog 23

Good show.  That was eight shutout innings after trailing in the first.

I read that D.Hernandez was called up today, Brewer to AAA.

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on May 26, 2019, 04:18:12 PM
How about that Sox with E-Rod pitching beat Verlander.  Devers shines.

Best part about Devers is how he seems to have turned his defense around..No Es since May 2.

Murph

Hernandez was a walking machine at Portland. Needs to cut that out to stay up for more than 1-2 games.Something Like 15 in 30 innings.

BoSoxFanNY

Good, solid win.

Of all the Astros' pitchers to beat - Verlander
was 6 - 0 in May.

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

It helped that the Astros played like the Red Sox today and E-Rod pitched a solid five innings to help get us a win, and, yes, I'm very happy we salvaged a game in these three contests especially since I was convinced we would lose today.  We played better but let's face it you never know what to expect from Alex Cora and penchant for resting players borders on the absurd.  There seems to be no reasoning behind it.  We have a very long way to go but it would help if we have a good series against the Indians at home before embarking for Yankee Stadium on Thursday.

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on May 26, 2019, 04:26:17 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 26, 2019, 04:18:12 PM
How about that Sox with E-Rod pitching beat Verlander.  Devers shines.

Best part about Devers is how he seems to have turned his defense around..No Es since May 2.

I posted about a week ago that he could be a gold glove candidate in the near future.  He is starting to flash some leather.

Sea Dog 23

At Tampa they placed their big right hander Glasnow on the 60 day IL.  Not available until at least July.  Tough break down there, but looks like Sox will be battling TB and Cleveland for the WC spots.

KC beat the Yanks in extras which leaves us 6.5 back.

Bill-806

How about our RED SOX ???  That was a good win yesterday  (I didn't see the game) but I liked the LINEUP...….  Devers batting 3rd ahead of J D and Chavis batting 5th just after J D...….CORA knows his stuff !!!!  Devers BAT is allowing me to look the other way from his GLOVE !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

This week Ryan Weber gets a chance to replicate his good game in Toronto (Tues game).  Ahead of Price on Wed., which leabes one to wonder whether he can overcome any fairy dust that might follow him to the mound.   iono