5. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
6. Josh Reddick (L) RF
7. Robinson Chirinos (R) C
8. Jake Marisnick (R) CF
9. Derek Fisher (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 87°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

It would be fitting that we win this game after terrible plays and decisions over last week. Surely Stros Hench is due for some bad luck on his side. thumb_u

Murph

The Sox need help from the Almighty to avoid getting swept the hell out of Texas.Nothing is impossible but this is damn close

elktonnick

The way manager Alfred E Neuman has this team playing it is entirely possible, I might dare say even probable that the Sox will limp back into Fenway Park after this road trip with a sub 500 record, especially if they lose today.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 26, 2019, 09:16:44 AM
The way manager Alfred E Neuman has this team playing it is entirely possible, I might dare say even probable that the Sox will limp back into Fenway Park after this road trip with a sub 500 record, especially if they lose today.

IF THEY LOSE TODAY ELK?????  It is as sure as the sun rising in the East.  This team is tanking and they don't know they're even doing it.  Just a matter of time before Alfred E. pulls another brain cramp and screws up what his players fail do screw themselves.  That guy has gone from genius to imbecile in six short months.  Amazing how inept he has become.

longgame

Nunez is the guy that can use a rest.  A permanent one.  The thing is last year, Nunez would have a great game today while this year I fully expect him to make a couple of errors and hit into a DP or something.  Last year, it would have been a bold move to use Vazquez as a DH, this year, he ends up losing the DH and the game.  I just think this attitude of "don't change anything and things will change" is killing the team.

elktonnick

Now you see the problem with manager What me worry's idiotic policy of resting players needlessly.  Nunez plays lousy defense so he is in at SS and makes a bad throw to the plate from just off the infield and Vazquez who even Remy and O'Brien point out is having issues actually catching a ball misses it and a run scores that shouldn't.  1-0 Astros favor.  (BTW You also see why some pitchers want Leon rather than Vazquez catch)

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 26, 2019, 01:36:41 PM
Nunez is the guy that can use a rest.  A permanent one.  The thing is last year, Nunez would have a great game today while this year I fully expect him to make a couple of errors and hit into a DP or something.  Last year, it would have been a bold move to use Vazquez as a DH, this year, he ends up losing the DH and the game.  I just think this attitude of "don't change anything and things will change" is killing the team.

The problem is the changes manager Alfred E Neuman makes are shortsighted and counterproductive.  I firmly believes he does things not because they are sensible but to prove he is in charge.

elktonnick

Devers makes an outstanding defensive play and then leads off the next inning with a home run.

markj

Sox catch a break with an Astros error. Nunez comes around to score. 3-1 Sox.

markj

Despite two 'Stros errors in that inning, Sox get just one run.

longgame

Nunez has a good day so far and it just validates Cora's thinking for him.

Elk, I get what you've been saying, I just don't think all is lost at this point of the season.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 26, 2019, 03:00:30 PM
Nunez has a good day so far and it just validates Cora's thinking for him.

Elk, I get what you've been saying, I just don't think all is lost at this point of the season.

The Sox should make the playoffs no matter how much the manager screws up.  Today for example the Sox are catching some breaks because the Astros are making so many errors. 

The point that I am making is that management made an "original sin" by not getting the team properly prepared for the season.  This team still hasn't recovered to be able to keep pace with the better teams.  DD bears some responsibility for this situation too.

The Sox have some crucial decisions coming up that could further make or break this season.  The Elephant in the room is what do  about Pedroia.  Quite frankly it would make everything a lot less complicated if he doesn't come back as much as it pains me to say it.  How they handle Pedroia and the resulting effect such return would have on a number of promising players and Brock Holt is going to be crucial whether this ends well or not.

While the sox should make the playoffs easily despite the awful start, if they don't the manager should be fired because it was his disastrous decisions that would have caused that to happen.

Murph

Shockingly good outing by Erod.Need the pen to come up big.

elktonnick

How about that Sox with E-Rod pitching beat Verlander.  Devers shines.