GAME #52, SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by Schloicka, May 25, 2019, 08:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

elktonnick

OMG Sox tied the game in the 9th.  Devers hit but his great jump to stay out of the DP.  Great hustle.  The kid is on fire.

markj

markj

Hmm, something other than a weak dribbler would have been nice. Again, there was a chance to win and they blew it.

markj

Meatball Matt gives up a double on his second pitch. I smell a walk off coming.

elktonnick

Not having JD Martinez start the game meant that the Astros could pitch around Betts which they did.  As I said at the outset why did Manager Alfred E Neuman not start Martinez.   If we are to win it we'd have to go into extra innings, the loss of the DH could be a factor, another genius move by Manager What me worry.

markj

Argh. Barnes gives up a double to start and then walks the next batter. I'll be amazed if he gets out of this.

markj

Bases loaded, no outs. Not a chance they'll get out of this.

longgame

Resting Martinez and then having to replace Leon later was a terrible decision.  Pearce may have had the worst at bat I’ve ever seen and that was a direct result.  I think they said Bogaerts is supposed to “rest” tomorrow.  Rest vs. Toronto, not vs. Houston.

This team sure giveth then taketh away, huh?

markj

markj

markj

After the Yankees series, the Sox could be in serious jeopardy of being out of the race by the ASB.

elktonnick

Well at least Devers had an outstanding game.   Barnes gets the loss with a big assist from Manager Alfred E Neuman.  Bring back John Farrell ;D

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on May 25, 2019, 09:46:39 PM
After the Yankees series, the Sox could be in serious jeopardy of being out of the race by the ASB.

Well that could have a bright side maybe Henry would dump the manager.

markj

One point overlooked in this loss is the great job the newbs from the BP did to keep the Sox in it until the end. Barnes, who is the old fart in the pen, looked like crap compared to the new guys.