GAME #51, FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by Schloicka, May 24, 2019, 07:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Aaaand another error. Unless the officials are really generous. Then Chavis almost commits another one. Super sloppy play tonight.

elktonnick

It is fairly obvious that Nunez is defensive liability.

markj

elktonnick

I'd rather have a root canal than watch Hembree pitch.

markj

elktonnick

Vazquez is on fire.  Those errors were the game.  Please tell me again how well the Red Sox are playing.

markj

elktonnick

markj

They're 5-5 for their last 10. Playing .500 ball isn't going to cut it.

Just a hunch, but I suspect Sale won't be in the running for a Cy Young this season.

elktonnick

Sale wasn't the problem.  He should have gotten out of the 4 th inning without giving up a run.  Sale should sue for" non support".  There was no excuse for the way they played defense.  3 (and there could have been 4 ) errors is indefensible!! Pun intended.

markj

Yeah, I'm not blaming Sale. But he's 1-6 now. Hardly Cy Young numbers.

SeaBeachFred

Come on guys, let's be honest about it and face the sad and sorry facts.......THIS TEAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markj

There's a disconnect here somewhere. Last year they clicked well together. This year they're looking like a bunch of guys who don't know each other. The talent is there. They're just not melding as a team. If I had the answers, I wouldn't be running a two-bit board. I'd be making millions as an MLB manager.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on May 24, 2019, 11:29:28 PM
There's a disconnect here somewhere. Last year they clicked well together. This year they're looking like a bunch of guys who don't know each other. The talent is there. They're just not melding as a team. If I had the answers, I wouldn't be running a two-bit board. I'd be making millions as an MLB manager.

Mark, the only thing I can figure that is there right now is a $$ sign.  This is a contract year for several players.  Mgmt has extended three players.  However  a few remain.  One has been asking for a new deal on a couple occasions, and he has a voice around the clubhouse for example when the subject of catchers comes up. --- -- Porcello.  Contract money and players not signed across the league was a hot topic in the off season, Sale let it be known in an interview about the state of the game.

I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree, and these guys are professionals.  But this is a big spending franchise, the biggest right now.  Maybe, just maybe some angst is starting to show.