GAME #50, THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Schloicka, May 23, 2019, 06:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on May 23, 2019, 04:28:20 PM
Weber and his blazing 87 MPH FB and that power 77 MPG dancing CB looked damn comfortable in his 1st start. At least he showed he could handle the powerful rebuilding team the Jays trot out there . Wonder what the hell E rod is thinking after he got embarrassed by the same team.

That is what is so exasperating about E-Rod.  I don't think he is the sharpest knife in the draw.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 23, 2019, 05:18:43 PM
Weber and his blazing 87 MPH FB and that power 77 MPG dancing CB looked damn comfortable in his 1st start. At least he showed he could handle the powerful rebuilding team the Jays trot out there . Wonder what the hell E rod is thinking after he got embarrassed by the same team.

That is what is so exasperating about E-Rod.  I don't think he is the sharpest knife in the draw.
HEY  D D ,   PACKAGE  E-ROD,   NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Murph, the sad part of all this is the total waste of a pitcher with good stuff because he doesn't know how to use it or use the bran he is supposed to have.  Every time the guy goes out to the mound he seems to regress, yet we need him to perform if we are to make a real move to the playoffs this season.  I wouldn't put money on it, however, if he is going to stand up and help contribute to getting us there..

Sea Dog 23

AP now says JDM is suffering from  a "sore back".  Return possible this Friday.  But that seems like a deduction as he was day to day and didn't play today.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2019/05/23/jd-martinez-toronto-blue-jays-mlb

longgame

He had a sore back initially and then got sick on top of it.  I saw this blurb on rotoworld.

Martinez has been out all week due to an illness and a sore back, but he should be able to avoid the injured list. Mookie Betts will DH for the Red Sox in Thursday's matinee game against the Blue Jays, with Steve Pearce playing left field, Jackie Bradley playing right field, and Andrew Benintendi in center. Michael Chavis is at first base and hitting leadoff. Martinez could return to action on Friday.

Murph

Good to actually see where the news report is actually from Rotoworld is one the best .

longgame

Quote from: Murph on May 24, 2019, 09:37:41 AM
Good to actually see where the news report is actually from Rotoworld is one the best .

I check the Sox page every day or two just to see if anything is up.  Not a lot of BS, just a report which is what I like.