Main Menu

Story

Started by longgame, April 09, 2024, 10:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

I was looking for any sort of update after Story met with docs but haven't seen anything.  Team seems to be quiet on it.  I'm surprised a dislocated shoulder would require surgery or even end up being a very long term injury, but maybe I've seen too many movies where they just jam it back in and the person is fine.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 09, 2024, 10:51:42 AMI was looking for any sort of update after Story met with docs but haven't seen anything.  Team seems to be quiet on it.  I'm surprised a dislocated shoulder would require surgery or even end up being a very long term injury, but maybe I've seen too many movies where they just jam it back in and the person is fine.

Ted, I saw a report last night that the followup X-rays showed an issue with "bone structure". That sounds ominous, does that mean a multiple break? He is flying to LA to see a doc.

Meanwhile Pitetta went on the 15 day IL with an elbow ulnar issue.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 09, 2024, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 09, 2024, 10:51:42 AMI was looking for any sort of update after Story met with docs but haven't seen anything.  Team seems to be quiet on it.  I'm surprised a dislocated shoulder would require surgery or even end up being a very long term injury, but maybe I've seen too many movies where they just jam it back in and the person is fine.

Ted, I saw a report last night that the followup X-rays showed an issue with "bone structure". That sounds ominous, does that mean a multiple break? He is flying to LA to see a doc.

Meanwhile Pitetta went on the 15 day IL with an elbow ulnar issue.

Wow, the hits keep on coming.  While we've seen some good performances, the depth is suspect.  Yikes.

longgame

Just saw that he has a fracture of the glenoid rim (that sounds bad) and will have surgery and is likely to miss the season.  Story to have shoulder surgery, likely to miss rest of season

Sea Dog 23

To brush up on the Pivetta injury news, it's actually turned out well.  they did an MRI and found the ulnar tendon is still intact.  They are trying to put a schedule on his return in about two weeks.  /Boston Globe

SeaBeachFred

I like hearing good news Sea Dog and hopefully the report is accurate.  One thing that does upset me is that Alex Cora is going to platoon the double play combination, the heart of the defense for teams, and to me that is insane.  He needs to pick his poison and go with it hoping for the best.  Valdez is early; he needs to be sent down, DFA's or released and one of the two "shortstops", and I use that term very loosely, moves to second base.

Hopefully we recover from our downer yesterday and play better baseball, get solid pitching and hit when it counts to get us a win tonight.  The O's are a solid team and we need to show them that we can stand with them and prevail.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 10, 2024, 03:09:16 PMI like hearing good news Sea Dog and hopefully the report is accurate.  One thing that does upset me is that Alex Cora is going to platoon the double play combination, the heart of the defense for teams, and to me that is insane.  He needs to pick his poison and go with it hoping for the best.  Valdez is early; he needs to be sent down, DFA's or released and one of the two "shortstops", and I use that term very loosely, moves to second base.

Hopefully we recover from our downer yesterday and play better baseball, get solid pitching and hit when it counts to get us a win tonight.  The O's are a solid team and we need to show them that we can stand with them and prevail.

I think that the plan all along was Story at SS and Grissom at 2B.  I believe Grissom is coming back soon but may need time to get up to speed.  But for now he has to figure out who is going to work out there.  I like that for the most part he's kept the rest of the lineup pretty consistent.  Not sure if it's due to the total lack of depth but I especially like seeing a set outfield (which can change if they move Rafeala to SS). 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 10, 2024, 03:09:16 PMI like hearing good news Sea Dog and hopefully the report is accurate.  One thing that does upset me is that Alex Cora is going to platoon the double play combination, the heart of the defense for teams, and to me that is insane.  He needs to pick his poison and go with it hoping for the best.  Valdez is early; he needs to be sent down, DFA's or released and one of the two "shortstops", and I use that term very loosely, moves to second base.

I've never seen a professional 2B'man as bad at handling routine throws to him as Valdez. I never got to see "Dr Strange Glove" play as he was well before my time, but it's what I imagine it to be like.