MJ Melendez (L) LF
Edward Olivares (R) DH
Matt Beaty (L) 1B
Drew Waters (S) RF
Kyle Isbel (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 24%

longgame

Rumor has it that Chang's locker has been cleared out. Certainly couldn't send Reyes down after yesterday.  For once I think it's the right move.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 08, 2023, 02:10:06 PM
Rumor has it that Chang's locker has been cleared out. Certainly couldn't send Reyes down after yesterday.  For once I think it's the right move.

It's confirmed.  Chang is done.

Sea Dog 23

They say Turner is sitting out a couple days to rest his dinged up heel.  A result of his mishap in Jays series.

Sea Dog 23

MongoLikeSox

It was a rough night for our Deadline Delights in Boston (Dinelson Lamet and Nick Robertson) and in Worcester (Justin Hagenman and Andres Nunez). To be fair, Nunez was a late June trade with KC. The 4 pitchers combined for this lovely night. 

6 innings, 14 runs, 15 Hits, 4BB and 3K's.

Lost in all this mess was a great throw from the knee play by Story in the 7th to nail Bobby Witt Jr at 1st base. He even made it look easy. Special mention to Casas who looked smooth on a liner to first as he caught, transferred and threw to second in one quick movent. The runner was safe, but it still a fine play IMO.

Sea Dog 23

I'll have to put the 2023 Sox in a side compartment - for my sanity.  For some relief I watched the O's ballyhooed closer, Bautista, blow a three run lead in the 9th on the way to an O's loss. 

longgame