4. Kerry Carpenter (L) RF
5. Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
6. Nick Maton (L) 3B
7. Miguel Cabrera (R) DH
8. Jonathan Schoop (R) 2B
9. Eric Haase (R) C

Gametime Temp: 55°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Two wins in a row over the Tigers.....that's good.   We have Cutter Crawford throwing for us today....that's bad.   Well I guess two out of three will just have to be good enough for us unless a miracle of sorts is on the horizon or we hit a ton again today.

Sea Dog 23

Like Mark said yesterday, bunches of runs, but we go into a famine today.  It's 1-1 in the 4th thanks to Casas.

Sea Dog 23

Bullpen gets a workout.  Martin in the 8th has two on and gets out of it.  Then Jansen in the 9th allows 2 hits and a BB to load the bases and escapes with no damage.  Sox pull it out 4-1.

The concern overnight will be any damage to Duvall's hand.  The same hand/wrist he had surgery on last year.

MongoLikeSox

The Duvall injury and his actions afterwards left me with the impression that he knew it was bad right away, as if experienced it before. That's when OB said it was the same wrist he hurt last year. Damn!

Looks like we're gonna get a steady diet of Yu Chang for at least the next few games. He had better be a damned good defender. Sox have M-T-W at 6:40. Hurricanes have M-T-Th at 7:00.

Nice to see Casas get some power numbers off a Lefty. The sooner he does that, the better.

Speaking of Casas, there was a play I've been wondering about in the 8th. The Tigers had runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Sox up 3-1. Slow bounder to Casas. He flips to the pitcher(Martin) for 2nd out. Runners advance. To me, I thought he had time to get the runner out at 2nd, but I could be wrong. Youk and OB didn't talk about it. Anyone else remember that play? I thought that keeping the tying run off of Second would have been the play unless it was too close. Maybe I saw it wrong.

longgame

Dalbec will come up so he and Chang will be competing for time.  Dalbec's last chance to make an impression on someone.  Maybe he and Casas should challenge each other to see who can break .200. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 10, 2023, 10:52:50 AM
Dalbec will come up so he and Chang will be competing for time.  Dalbec's last chance to make an impression on someone.  Maybe he and Casas should challenge each other to see who can break .200.

Yu Chang will play until he drops or just stinks so badly that pressure will get him out of the lineup.  Cora's penchant to play his favorites has become very sickening over the past few years.