GAME #28, SUNDAY, APRIL 28, 2019, RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, April 28, 2019, 09:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

They need a spark to this lineup. I thought it would be Chavis, who left the yard again but I guess they're all just okay with being shown up by the rookie, as long as he keeps making defensive mistakes.  Time for a trade.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on April 29, 2019, 07:54:35 AM
They need a spark to this lineup. I thought it would be Chavis, who left the yard again but I guess they're all just okay with being shown up by the rookie, as long as he keeps making defensive mistakes.  Time for a trade.

A trade is one of the few option left to shake up this lineup.  Would you go for a collection of AA/AAA or a JBJ, a Moreland, and throw in a AAA?  Rays got a great deal with the Pirates for Glasnow, of course we need a bat.

SeaBeachFred

Get rid of Bradley once and for all.  Make Raffy the DH until JD comes back and get Pearce in the lineup and keep him there.  He is not going to hit for us if he is constantly being jerked around by Cora in and out of the lineup.  That is for a start.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 29, 2019, 08:10:23 AM
Quote from: longgame on April 29, 2019, 07:54:35 AM

A trade is one of the few option left to shake up this lineup.  Would you go for a collection of AA/AAA or a JBJ, a Moreland, and throw in a AAA?  Rays got a great deal with the Pirates for Glasnow, of course we need a bat.

I wonder what they could get for JBJ.  When he's on fire he's great.  Maybe he needs to right coaching situation.  I think he needs glasses.  I'd go more for that letter option, you'd have to throw in someone worthwhile like Moreland but I think they can cover 1B - although Pearce has royally sucked too.

BTW, forgot to mention I think it was Workman who came in the other day and it was interesting, he got a couple of guys out and then couldn't get a pitch past anyone.  It took me about 4 pitches to figure out he comes to rest a little higher on a breaking ball than on a fastball and I'm sure they picked up on it too.  I'll be watching but he get his hands down around his belt when throwing the heater but keep them up just about at belly level on the breaking stuff.