GAME #142, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 09, 2017, 02:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RAYS V RED SOX

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2017, 7 PM AT FENWAY PARK

TV:  NESN, MLBN, (OUT-OF-MARKET ONLY) FOX SPORTS SUN

TAMPA, (70-72).........................................................................................BOSTON, (80-61)

TAMPA:

MATT ANDRIESE, RHP, 5-2, 3.78 ERA, 60K

Andriese's first start since returning from a hip injury did not go as intended,
with five earned runs and six hits allowed to the White Sox in five innings.  He
earned a win in Boston this May with five innings and two-run ball.

BOSTON:

CHRIS SALE, LHP, 15-7, 2.85 ERA, 270K

All eyes will be on the ace lefty, who is in his first slump of the season, having
lost three of his last four starts.  Sale is 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA in four starts against
the Rays this season.

Rested Sale set to take on Andriese, Rays

Bill Chastain

Even aces experience slumps, and Red Sox ace Chris Sale is in his first slump of the season.

The Red Sox hope to combat that by using the schedule to get him extra rest before his next two starts, beginning Saturday, when he'll be facing the Rays after an extra day of rest thanks to Thursday's off-day.

Sale is 1-3 with a 5.49 ERA in his last four starts. But facing the Rays, a team he has had success against during his career, could get him back on track.

"This time of year, I think guys are always appreciative of that when the schedule allows, and they'll get another one this next turn through with Monday being an off-day," Sale said. "I think two days off comes at an important time for us."

Sale is 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA against the Rays this season.

Matt Andriese will get the nod for the Rays, making his second start since returning from the disabled list (right hip stress reaction).

The right-hander started Sunday against the White Sox, his first start since June 10, and allowed five runs in five innings to take the loss.

"I wasn't happy about what the results were if you look at the box score, but I was happy about how I felt," Andriese said.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME

• Andriese is 2-1 with a 4.11 ERA in seven career appearances against the Red Sox. He is 1-1 with a 6.94 ERA in three appearances (two starts) at Fenway Park.

• Eduardo Nunez, one of Boston's hottest hitters, should be back in the lineup Saturday after missing Friday night due to back spasms.

• In his four starts against the Rays this season, Sale has struck out 49 while walking just six in 29 innings.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20170908253234286/rested-sale-set-to-take-on-andriese-rays/?game_pk=492230

Bear

Red Sox v. Andriese:

Núñez SS,
Pedroia 2B,
Benintendi LF,
Betts RF,
Moreland 1B,
Ramirez DH,
Devers 3B,
Leon C,
Bradley Jr. CF,

Sale LHP

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on September 09, 2017, 02:39:19 AM
Red Sox v. Andriese:

Núñez SS,
Pedroia 2B,
Benintendi LF,
Betts RF,
Moreland 1B,
Ramirez DH,
Devers 3B,
Leon C,
Bradley Jr. CF,

Sale LHP

This is a little better lineup for us today with Bogaerts put on the pine where he belongs.  Let's face it, he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup because he has stunk for the past three months.  The Yankees came from behind and won, and they deserved the win because Severino only gave up one hit in eight innings and when you pitch like that you should win......hear that Betts, Ramirez and the rest of you guys?  If we want to stay 4.5 games ahead we win today.  Get Sale some tallies and Sale, you go out there and pitch like the ace you're supposed to be.  Look at Cleveland...why can't we go on a run like that?

Bill-806

Good lineup..... While waiting for Irma here in Sarasota I will be watching my beloved RED SOX.... GO SOX !! thumb_u rofl

markj

markj

markj

markj

Moreland mashes a wallball. 2 more runs in. Now 7-0.

Schloicka

markj

Hanley lucks out. 8-0.

markj

markj

7 showings so far of the stupid Wahlberg commercial. WTF is wrong with these idiots at NESN? They only have two commercials to show all season? I may get the full MLB package next year just so I can watch the non-NESN feed.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on September 09, 2017, 07:14:00 PM
7 showings so far of the stupid Wahlberg commercial. WTF is wrong with these idiots at NESN? They only have two commercials to show all season? I may get the full MLB package next year just so I can watch the non-NESN feed.

I just watch the on line feed where i get no commercials. Send it right to the tv.

Schloicka

Devers having a couple good games back to back.

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on September 09, 2017, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: markj on September 09, 2017, 07:14:00 PM

I just watch the on line feed where i get no commercials. Send it right to the tv.

The MLB feed didn't include commercials at the beginning of the season, but after the ASB they show lots of them.