GAME #110, CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 04, 2017, 05:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

B T W ,  NUNEZ just continues to play/do great things !!!  What a nice deal that was !! thumb_u rofl

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bear on August 05, 2017, 03:07:58 AM
Fred, happy that you weren't hurt....well, shook up yes, and a bundle of nerves, yes.
But your car can be replaced; you can't.
Sox are starting to play ball; about time.
Walk-offs, great to see and they're so exciting.
Eleven innings!  Gotta cut those out and how about a day game soon?
I believe Rob of Mass had tickets for all three games with the White Sox.
The Moreland walk off was electric to say the least.
The fans love Devers.Seeing him play 3rd in person he doesn't  look all that BAD. Charging the ball good and has a strong arm .Needs help with his footwork but all in all he doesn't  look as bad as hid minor league stats show.
Bogaerts on the other hand looked terrible on his E.At the plate not much better
New guy Reed has a NASTY slider and will offer help when Kimbrel needs time off.
Beni needs to take a lot of balls off the monster .It appears he is lost out there .I don't know if he loses the ball or turns the wrong way but he gets to close to the wall.

ojdidit

Nunez and Devers - are they the spark? Next 20+ games will tell us.  Bullpen looked good against a 3A team, but take the win. NY has had back-to-back losses with the new guys pitching.

Rob from Mass

Yes they are.A different story had they not been here the last few weeks .So much for wanting Frazier .

Sea Dog 23

Nunez is hitting .429 since mid-June.  Devers avg just dipped below .400.  DD is a genius.  Well at least last two weeks.

ojdidit

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 04, 2017, 10:45:21 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 04, 2017, 08:57:01 PM
Setting up for another walk-off win I hope! 

Where is everyone tonight?  I guess I'm the only one stuck at home watching the game!  sigh

Ted---I think I might have a decent excuse for making myself scarce tonight even though I usually don't post during games since I'm a bundle of nerves.  This morning as I entered a car wash I tried to avoid a car that was trying to cut me off, so I thought.  I ran into a pole.  My left fender is history, the glass over the light there was shattered so I was on the phone with my State Farm Rep and then with Claima Rep and then my mechanic.  Round and round and round and round I went so you will excuse me for not having my head in this game as I usually arm.

It would have been a complete washout of a day but it turned out to be a very good one baseball wise.....car wise with my beloved Mustang, not so much.

Geez Fred, sorry to hear that.  I hope you are okay!  What year Mustang?  Can it be repaired? 

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on August 05, 2017, 07:25:43 AM
Nunez and Devers - are they the spark? Next 20+ games will tell us.  Bullpen looked good against a 3A team, but take the win. NY has had back-to-back losses with the new guys pitching.
I don't know it's so much that they are a spark, but those are two solid bats in the lineup where we didn't have solid bats, whether at 3B, 1B/DH or filling in for injured or resting players.  When you're replacing .200 hitting with .400 hitting in 2 spots, that's another couple of hits every game, plus it takes pressure off of everyone else.

They give a bump, but they'll need consistent play from everyone the rest of the way and they are starting to get it.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2017, 12:59:20 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 04, 2017, 10:45:21 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 04, 2017, 08:57:01 PM
Setting up for another walk-off win I hope! 

Where is everyone tonight?  I guess I'm the only one stuck at home watching the game!  sigh

Ted---I think I might have a decent excuse for making myself scarce tonight even though I usually don't post during games since I'm a bundle of nerves.  This morning as I entered a car wash I tried to avoid a car that was trying to cut me off, so I thought.  I ran into a pole.  My left fender is history, the glass over the light there was shattered so I was on the phone with my State Farm Rep and then with Claima Rep and then my mechanic.  Round and round and round and round I went so you will excuse me for not having my head in this game as I usually arm.

It would have been a complete washout of a day but it turned out to be a very good one baseball wise.....car wise with my beloved Mustang, not so much.

Geez Fred, sorry to hear that.  I hope you are okay!  What year Mustang?  Can it be repaired?

Thank you Ted.  It's a 2003 Mustang, light navy blue and it is my baby.  Yes, it can be repaired my mechanic says and I will take it in on Monday and Sam will work on it and have over a week to take care of the job.  I'm fine physically but I was bummed out when it happened.  A nice Red Sox dramatic walk-off win and a Yankees loss mitigated that bummed our feeling pretty well.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 05, 2017, 01:03:17 PM
I don't know it's so much that they are a spark, but those are two solid bats in the lineup where we didn't have solid bats, whether at 3B, 1B/DH or filling in for injured or resting players.  When you're replacing .200 hitting with .400 hitting in 2 spots, that's another couple of hits every game, plus it takes pressure off of everyone else.

They give a bump, but they'll need consistent play from everyone the rest of the way and they are starting to get it.

Still worried about Bogaerts.  When Pedroia returns, which can't be soon enough,  Nunez has to go to short or become the DH.  If he isn't the DH he plays short and we take our chances and Xander sits.  He is neither hitting or fielding, and that may go for Hanley too.  I really expected Ramirez to be firing on all cyliners by now.  His injuries are either much worse than we've heard or his injuries over his career has slowed him down badly.  Bogaerts should have no such excuses.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 05, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

Still worried about Bogaerts.  When Pedroia returns, which can't be soon enough,  Nunez has to go to short or become the DH.  If he isn't the DH he plays short and we take our chances and Xander sits.  He is neither hitting or fielding, and that may go for Hanley too.  I really expected Ramirez to be firing on all cyliners by now.  His injuries are either much worse than we've heard or his injuries over his career has slowed him down badly.  Bogaerts should have no such excuses.
  & The days of Dustin Pedroia could be # .....There are a lot of miles on that  5' 10" frame !!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 05, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

Fred XB has a lot of work on both sides of the ball .As you mentioned maybe injuries .He really looks bad now .Keep him towards the end of the lineup.Beni is not a whole lot better.