GAME #104, KC ROYALS AT BOSTON RED SO4

Started by Bear, July 27, 2017, 07:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on July 28, 2017, 01:48:05 PM
Wow, apparently he hurt it trying to pat himself on the back for being the greatest pitcher ever - or at least better than Eck.

I have to say this is odd timing to say the least, although he did not look great in his last outing.  But still, this comes up on the day of the game?  After an off day no less?

I am surprised of how many players actually support him .That IMO sheds a whole different light on all this garbage.

Rob from Mass

Evan Drellich‏Verified account @EvanDrellich

Source says Rafael Devers is staying with the Red Sox. IMO: After how good he looked in those first couple games, felt like a no-brainer.

Rob from Mass

If I heard correctly on radio Devers is starting tonight and batting 8th.

Rob from Mass

In case you're wondering Devers hit .282 vs lhp and .306  vs rhp at Portland.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 28, 2017, 02:34:47 PM
If I heard correctly on radio Devers is starting tonight and batting 8th.

Devers at 3B, Nunez at DH batting second.

Bear

Red Sox vs Royals G1

Betts RF
Nuñez DH
Pedroia 2B
Ramirez 1B
Bradley Jr. CF
Bogaerts SS
Young LF
Devers 3B
Leon C

Porcello RHP.

MongoLikeSox

I didn't see much - a few innings on Tuesday and Wednesday each. Loved the kid's direction and calm when facing that lefty. AB, JBJ and Devers are not slouches against the southpaw. I know it's limited so far with the young one, but it looked legit and not just late.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on July 28, 2017, 03:19:33 PM
Red Sox vs Royals G1

Betts RF
Nuñez DH
Pedroia 2B
Ramirez 1B
Bradley Jr. CF
Bogaerts SS
Young LF
Devers 3B
Leon C

Porcello RHP.

I like this lineup a little better since both Nunez and Devers are in it, but, again, I think benching Benintendi is very harmful to his confidence.  He cannot learn to hit LH pitching if he doesn't face them.  Hopefully, Farrell will finally be gone after this season and the new manager will see to it that Andrew goes against all types of pitching.  Of course we do have one lemon in this lineup and a potential LOBster kingpin ready for another choke job with runners on base tonight......though I hope not.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 28, 2017, 04:45:21 PM
Quote from: Bear on July 28, 2017, 03:19:33 PM
Red Sox vs Royals G1

Betts RF
Nuñez DH
Pedroia 2B
Ramirez 1B
Bradley Jr. CF
Bogaerts SS
Young LF
Devers 3B
Leon C

Porcello RHP.

I like this lineup a little better since both Nunez and Devers are in it, but, again, I think benching Benintendi is very harmful to his confidence.  He cannot learn to hit LH pitching if he doesn't face them.  Hopefully, Farrell will finally be gone after this season and the new manager will see to it that Andrew goes against all types of pitching.  Of course we do have one lemon in this lineup and a potential LOBster kingpin ready for another choke job with runners on base tonight......though I hope not.
  C O N C U R   !!! thumb_u

ojdidit

Porcello well on hias wat ro loss#14.  The last Red Sox pitcher to lead the league in losses was Wakefield in 1997. The last 20 game loser was Mitt Gaston and Jack Russel who both lost 20 in 1930.

longgame

Another one with not a lot of action.  Offense still asleep.

markj

Yet another loss. Yankees won, so there goes 1st place. Might not see it again for a while at this rate.

elktonnick

Last year Porcello would have won a game like this because Boston would have scored.  This team continues its hitting woes.  The team looks like zombies at the plate. Pitiful.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 28, 2017, 09:15:02 PM
Last year Porcello would have won a game like this because Boston would have scored.  This team continues its hitting woes.  The team looks like zombies at the plate. Pitiful.

Elk----I hate to say that I have just about thrown in the towel but I have to now de-compress.  Getting hot and bothered and all pissed off daily is no way to live and I should no better than others because I have doubted this team from the beginning.  When we win a game I will be elated but I'm not kidding myself about how this season is going to turn out unless there is a sea change occurring very quickly.  I did have hopes of seeing our team in the WS Elk before the season began but the Red Sox are the kind of team that can break your heart.  You guys who have followed them a lot longer than I have know that better than I do.  It will be 17 years for me come August 19th  but I never knew I would make this team dominate most of my waking hours.  Now you know my friend why my wife thinks I a very strange fellow.  Keep the faith my friend.

ipot

Porcello is 4-14 and tied for 2nd in the AL for HRs given up.  His ERA is 4.55. 

What's ironic is what elk said above: last year we would have won this game.

7-13 in the last 20.

Pedroia gave a nice speech about being the leader in the clubhouse to reporters before the game. Then, he got out there and stranded 5 guys on base.  ::)

They stink.  We'll have to wait until Sale is on the mound for a chance to win a game.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee