GAME #102, BOSTON RED SOX AT SEATTLE MARINERS

Started by Bear, July 25, 2017, 04:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Sad days.

I did tune in for a couple innings before bed. Saw the new kid walk and score, and Pedey and Bradley got RBIs. That was fun. I did wake in time to see Mr Fundamentals get hit in the hand with a bunt attempt and Devers hit a tapper somewhere to end that inning.   Glad I missed the rest.

Today should be interesting. We need to clear a spot for Boyer, from what I hear.

ojdidit

Quote from: Schloicka on July 26, 2017, 03:32:03 AM
Quote from: ipot on July 26, 2017, 02:22:14 AM
That was cute.  They came back, tied it, took the lead - but Hembree did his thing and Farrell putting Fister out there was essentially throwing in the towel.

Plus ya ain't going anywhere if your bats go cold for 6 straight innings. They did nada from innings 7 - 12

Slip, sliding into the WC pack, this team...

Throwing in the towel? Fister pitched 2.2 scoreless innings. Was 1 strike away from winning the game with only a runner on 1st. Just couldn't get that 3rd out.

Sure, George, and on my 200X scratch ticket 10M was #43 and I had #42....just could not get that last number. 8)

BoSoxFanNY

What I don't understand is why Farrell uses Kimbrel for
one inning in a tie game.
Wouldn't it be better to hold off and see if your team
takes the lead AND then put him in??

AND granted Fister pitched 2 scoreless innings -
Didn't they have Abad or Taylor available?

DANG IT -
They made a game out of it
AND Hembree and Fister blew it.

DANG IT!

Bill-806

& light DAWNS on MARBLEHEAD !!   Hang in there ALL, as  I see  TRADER  D D  is not through yet.... NUNEZ is here & I feel a  BLOCKBUSTER coming !! thumb_u iono rofl

markj

Rob from Mass

One behind the NYY and looking up is not good.

Rob from Mass

With Nunez on board wondering if they keep Devers up.I would and send Holt down .
Just my opinion.

Rob from Mass

Sale really needs his biggest WIN as a Sox .If they lose today then hit KC who are 8-2 in last 10 playing much better .This could get ugly fast and the door will be WIDE OPEN FOR FARRELL.

longgame

Not sure why Kimbrel was out there without a lead.  Another tough loss...

ipot

That was cute.  They came back, tied it, took the lead - but Hembree did his thing and Farrell putting Fister out there was essentially throwing in the towel.

Plus ya ain't going anywhere if your bats go cold for 6 straight innings. They did nada from innings 7 - 12

Throwing in the towel? Fister pitched 2.2 scoreless innings. Was 1 strike away from winning the game with only a runner on 1st. Just couldn't get that 3rd out.

Yup, and if one of Segura's fouls landed fair - or he made contact with the swinging strike - the game would have been over in the 11th.  Or maybe, Hanley, who had hit a HR, didn't GIDP in the 8th with 1 out.

This team is not getting it done. 6-12 since leaving TEX.  .350 winning percentage.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 25, 2017, 04:17:05 PM
Boston Strong‏ @BostonStrong_34 

The Red Sox have 'strong interest' for SS Zack Cozart, he's not in the Reds lineup tonight in the Bronx.

Hmmm!!!

Hmmm my ass.  Anyone out there still think that I am wrong about Pukegaerts?  He sucks to high heaven.  Another ofer last night and since I didn't stay up and watch the game since I knew the outcome before it even began, I wonder how many @#$%^& runners he left on base last night.  Well at least I'm a little ahead of the curve and pre-empts Merloni on th at one.  I haven't liked this team since the third week of the season and now I can say without a doubt that I was right all along....to wit THIS IS A FIRST CLASS SHITTY TEAM AND I DESPISE IT .  We better get Cozart and get that fu@@in' choker out of town.  As for Fister, shoot the bastard.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bear on July 26, 2017, 01:57:05 AM
Oh Lord, it's Fister....of all the relievers we're using Fister.
Farrell:  It's his turn!

It's gotta be y our turn Farrell, you incompetent piece of turd.........your turn to get out of Boston....any way.

It's games like this I enjoyed Orsillo and Remy....at least they made us laugh.

SeaBeachFred

He couldn't get the last out because he is a God damn loser.  He has failed to get the last out too many times since we signed t hat dork to a contract.  He is now 0-5.  He hasn't won a game, hasn't held a lead, hasn't saved a game.  All he does is lose.

Rob from Mass

High Heat Stats  📎‏Verified account @HighHeatStats

Doug Fister made two meh starts for the Red Sox. In 5 games SINCE those, he's gone 14.1 IP, 19 hits, 15 ER (9.42 ERA) with 11 BB and 10 K.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 26, 2017, 12:32:26 PM
High Heat Stats  📎‏Verified account @HighHeatStats

Doug Fister made two meh starts for the Red Sox. In 5 games SINCE those, he's gone 14.1 IP, 19 hits, 15 ER (9.42 ERA) with 11 BB and 10 K.

One of those meh games you're talking about was one I attended and it wasn't any meh game to me.  It was a total choke-up effort.  An inning ending DP was overturned by the camera in NY and so Fister could bow his neck and get the third out and escape further trouble.  Instead he got hammered for two booming doubles and a clothes-line hit and cost us two more runs and took us out the ball game.  It was meh----it was a sign of what this piece of pitching crap was going to give us.....nothing.