GAME #100, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA ANGELS

Started by Bear, July 23, 2017, 04:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 24, 2017, 09:02:52 AM
Bringing up Devers is almost like throwing in the towel on improving the team. 

Marrero plays a decent 3B and seems to be able to hit.  I have no idea why the flailing Holt had been up there game after game.

Pedey doesn't need a day off on a Sunday a week or so after the All star Break.  They needed a full lineup to win that series.

Someone needs to take Bogey and several others aside and tell them when they swing the bat, swing it like you mean it.  No more of these half swings resulting in weak infield ground outs.  I'm tired of guys not knowing what they're supposed to be doing in one at bat after another.  Plus, if they guy is landing his 2 seam fastball right over the plate, time after time, why not sit on it and try to square one up?

Pitching keeps them in the games, the team needs to score more than 2 runs to win games.

I have a better idea for Bogaerts.  Trade him or send him down.  I really mean that.  This guy is fading faster than a pair of worn out jeans and he will only get worse.  This guy has become a total minus to us.  He does nothing now that is positive for the team, doesn't hit, doesn't field, doesn't run the base well (when he does get on) and has as much spirit and spunk as doo on the grass.