GAME #100, BOSTON RED SOX AT LA ANGELS

Started by Bear, July 23, 2017, 04:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Schloicka

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 23, 2017, 04:50:47 PM
Moreland really struggling since mid-June after breaking his big toe.

Put him on the DL and bring Travis up to play 1st.

Rob from Mass

Bogey DP ball ends it.
Rays lost and Yanks losing in the 6th.
At least Porcello continues to pitch better and give the weak bats a chance to get a W.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Schloicka on July 23, 2017, 04:53:59 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 23, 2017, 04:50:47 PM
Moreland really struggling since mid-June after breaking his big toe.

Put him on the DL and bring Travis up to play 1st.

I AGREE.

markj

Sox are lucky the Rays and Yanks keep losing. What a sorry performance at the plate again today for this lineup.

MongoLikeSox

Pawtucket got beat today - all 3 runs given up were solo shots. It's spreading......

ipot

NYY are winning. 

Our offense stinks

GO GET A BIG BAT, DD.

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

DEVERS is reporting on Monday.....  D D &  J F need to make changes sooon.... Start with  HAN/RAM and  Bogarts, add in Leon.... Get some  B P  help too !!! thumb_u rofl

Rob from Mass

I hope those that want Devers  will get ready for Panda like defense.This young pup is BAD ON DEFENSE
16  ERRORS in 72 games. That's on pace for 40 plus ERRORS in a full season.Best place now for him is DH.

MongoLikeSox

Errors are gonna happen, but I'd save the Panda-like D for a few weeks. There are differences between errors and mistakes and not being able to bend down for a simple back hand. You may very well be right and we may have to deal with a Wade Boggs defense for years. Let's hope he hits more homers and that Margot does have a younger sister.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 23, 2017, 08:21:17 PM
Errors are gonna happen, but I'd save the Panda-like D for a few weeks. There are differences between errors and mistakes and not being able to bend down for a simple back hand. You may very well be right and we may have to deal with a Wade Boggs defense for years. Let's hope he hits more homers and that Margot does have a younger sister.

There's no doubt he will hit homers and average. But it Will take time on D.

Bill-806

As  DAD would say,  "SON, how ya going to keep the boy down on the farm" !!!   thumb_u

longgame

Bringing up Devers is almost like throwing in the towel on improving the team. 

Marrero plays a decent 3B and seems to be able to hit.  I have no idea why the flailing Holt had been up there game after game.

Pedey doesn't need a day off on a Sunday a week or so after the All star Break.  They needed a full lineup to win that series.

Someone needs to take Bogey and several others aside and tell them when they swing the bat, swing it like you mean it.  No more of these half swings resulting in weak infield ground outs.  I'm tired of guys not knowing what they're supposed to be doing in one at bat after another.  Plus, if they guy is landing his 2 seam fastball right over the plate, time after time, why not sit on it and try to square one up?

Pitching keeps them in the games, the team needs to score more than 2 runs to win games.

elktonnick

I don't know if a mentioned it or not but a full time Red Sox scout just bought a house near me.  When I was out on my morning walk we chatted a bit about how these guys are all rolling over on the ball hence the weak ground outs.  So I surmise from that conversation that coaches are aware of the issue and what is wrong but whatever they are doing to fix it isn't working.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on July 24, 2017, 09:39:04 AM
I don't know if a mentioned it or not but a full time Red Sox scout just bought a house near me.  When I was out on my morning walk we chatted a bit about how these guys are all rolling over on the ball hence the weak ground outs.  So I surmise from that conversation that coaches are aware of the issue and what is wrong but whatever they are doing to fix it isn't working.
  B I N G O , could be the coaches ?? iono rofl